Does showcase scroll like this for anyone else?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwKqAk1EHcE

When I hold down the button on the remote control, it will scroll nicely through about 10 or 15 movies and then it acts like it gets bogged down and suddenly starts going slower and skipping over 30 or so movies every jump. I'm running this on an Q6600 with 8GB of RAM, which I would think would have plenty of power to handle this skin.
What kinda video hardware you got and how much vram does it have?
8600GT with 256MB.

I also have another computer (E8400 with a 9500GT/512MB) and it has the same issue when trying to scroll fast.
So am I the only one who has this problem? It happens on two different machines. Am I just that unlucky?
This worked for me.

Add

Code:
<advancedsettings>
        <thumbsize>256</thumbsize>
</advancedsettings>

In /userdata/advancedsettings.xml. You need to delete your /userdata/Database/MyVideos34.db and /userdata/Thumbnails/video and rescan. You should notice a huge performance improvement.

cheers
^Will this help if I'm using thumbs that have been created by MIP, or only thumbs that are automatically scraped from TMDB by XBMC? I've been having some "browsing" performance issues as well, scrolling through my collections can be fairly sluggish. Wondering how I can improve it.
Yes it will help with all thumbs mip or xbmc they are all cached, but you have to delete the thumbnails/video dir so xbmc can regenerate the cached thumbs. Personally i just re-did the whole library

cheers
Damn, okay. Gonna have to wait out the library update again. I'll give it a shot though. Thanks. Smile
Do you notice any significant quality reduction in the artwork? I run this at 1920x1080 so I'm not sure how bad I want to lower the thumbsize.
Well im running at 1080p also on a 42" plasma and honestly i dont notice any reduction in quality. The best thing to to is just try differant sizes. Maybe start at 400 and see how it goes. The great thing about aeon is the movie info page uses the movie.tbn and not the cached version so the quality is excellent.

cheers
For some reason, lowering the cached size doesn't seem to make much of an improvement when browsing...For me, at least.
LaTropa64 Wrote:Do you notice any significant quality reduction in the artwork? I run this at 1920x1080 so I'm not sure how bad I want to lower the thumbsize.

I reduced the size to 256, and it did help performance significantly. In addition, there was no noticable difference in quality until I brought up the info panel and the poster was shown full size. The quality was worse, so I changed the size to 512, and found it much better while maintaining good performance.

I'm very happy with the settings now. Smile
B-Fir3 Wrote:I reduced the size to 256, and it did help performance significantly. In addition, there was no noticable difference in quality until I brought up the info panel and the poster was shown full size. The quality was worse, so I changed the size to 512, and found it much better while maintaining good performance.

I'm very happy with the settings now. Smile

doesn't the info page use the movie.tbn, though? so, it should be good quality...
ethan_9219 Wrote:For some reason, lowering the cached size doesn't seem to make much of an improvement when browsing...For me, at least.

Did you clear all your cached covers and rescan your library after making the change?
If not xbmc will continue using the old cached covers and only limit the size of new ones.
hikaricore Wrote:Did you clear all your cached covers and rescan your library after making the change?
If not xbmc will continue using the old cached covers and only limit the size of new ones.

No, i haven't actually...You wouldn't be able to tell me where i can find the thumbs cache, could you?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does showcase scroll like this for anyone else?0