[Media Flaggin] Does the source info come from the filename or nfo?
If its in the nfo, what section is it under?
if you mean bluray, hddvd, dvd, or hdtv, it is in the filename
all other are stored in the <studio> markup
Could someone elaborate as to why the source has to be read from the filename?

For me this means I have to edit all my filenames to get the source flag... Why can't it just be read from the <studio> like everything else?
Because the source cannot be determined by reading the media.
PiNCH Wrote:Could someone elaborate as to why the source has to be read from the filename?

For me this means I have to edit all my filenames to get the source flag... Why can't it just be read from the <studio> like everything else?

Find the Includes_MediaFlags.xml in skin 720p folder and change everything in it that says "listitem.filename" to "listitem.studio" (notepad++ and ctrl + f is a good way to do this) it will now read everything from the studio tags in the .nfo. obviously you will have to manually add the source info to your .nfo files.
Hidd3nFury Wrote:Find the Includes_MediaFlags.xml in skin 720p folder and change everything in it that says "listitem.filename" to "listitem.studio" (notepad++ and ctrl + f is a good way to do this) it will now read everything from the studio tags in the .nfo. obviously you will have to manually add the source info to your .nfo files.

I actually figured that one out, but much to my own frustration I was testing with FernFerrets MediaFlag-pack and his XML... for some reason his xml completely removes flags all together! Didn't realize that till after many edits :p

Gotta try the original xml now...
Btw. instead of "filname" and "studio" isn't there something that'll just point it to the dirname? I always have the source in the dirname, so that would be the perfect way of doing it (for me).

On a side note, my MIP has suddenly started reading the dirnames instead of the filename - this means it can't do a look-up on IMDB and the saved files (.nfo, .tbn, -fanart.jpg) get the dirname and not the file name, so XBMC doesn't read them and starts its own scraping...
You see Pinch, an automated software cannot guess whether a video is ripped from a bluray, a hdtv or a hddvd just by analysing it.
This is the only data wich cannot be auto-selected. So it has to be in the file name, thing that can be easily done with batch renaming tools
Imaginos Wrote:You see Pinch, an automated software cannot guess whether a video is ripped from a bluray, a hdtv or a hddvd just by analysing it.
This is the only data wich cannot be auto-selected. So it has to be in the file name, thing that can be easily done with batch renaming tools

I am fully aware there is no way MIP nor XBMC can read the source out of the video file alone, and if I edit the filename accordingly the flags do show up - what I'm wishing is that it would read the source off of the dirname instead (ie. using "foldername" instead of "filename", or something that'd actually work)! It's not because I'm lazy I don't want to rename all my files, it's a preference.

No need for patronizing...

Anyway, after renaming my test library, I realized the switched names (dirname to filename and vice versa) didn't really bother me, so reading the source off of the dirname for movies is not an issue anymore... TV will be a different case, though Sad

Can anyone explain why FernFerrets xml just removes all flags? I edited my original Includes_MediaFlags.xml to point the MPEG Audio in <studio> to mp3.png, and much to my own surprise it worked :p But knowing nothing about xml, I read what makes sense and copy - why there are identical entries under different "categories" I can't really figure out. At first I thought they defined options for different views, but when my one edit made the mp3 flag show up in all views, this obviously wasn't the case :p
I don't know if this is true or not, but djh_ has done lots of updating to the skin recently. Maybe FF code doesn't work with new version? Or maybe your versions are older. Could be many things

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50138
Your link seemed to do the trick! Thanks! Big Grin
So putting "bluray" into the filenames is working perfectly for me, however I cant seem to get the dvd flags to show up when i put "dvd" into the filename, is there something else I need to do to get that to show up?
You can have it read from either/or filename or nfo. What I did was open up Includes_MediaFlags.xml and added the code for it to look in filename as well as the <studio> tag like so:

Code:
<control type="image" id="82">
  <include>Furniture_PanelMediaFlagsVars</include>
  <texture>flags/bluray.png</texture>
  <visible>substring(listitem.filename,bluray)[b] | substring(listitem.studio,bluray)[/b]</visible>
</control>

I just did that for multiplex and showcase views for bluray, hddvd, dvd, divx, and had xvids just display the divx flag. This would still require you either have a filename with the source or a compatible nfo (from export, MFU, MIP, etc) that has the <studio> tag filled with the correct info
phonics Wrote:so putting "bluray" into the filenames is working perfectly for me, however i cant seem to get the dvd flags to show up when i put "dvd" into the filename, is there something else i need to do to get that to show up?

sddvd.
Hitcher Wrote:sddvd.

thanks

is there somewhere i can find all the default codes (for both video and audio source)?
phonics Wrote:thanks

is there somewhere i can find all the default codes (for both video and audio source)?

These were the originals plus a couple I added a while back.

Code:
    Media Source        String
    ------------        ------

Blu-ray            "bluray"
    DVD            "sddvd"
    HD-DVD            "hddvd"
    HDTV            "hdtv"

Resolution        String
    ----------        ------

SD            "sd"
    720p            "720p"
    1080p            "1080p"