Problem with thumbnails: please help me
Hi,
It's a couple of week that I've a big problem with thumbnails. I've the last release of XBMC installed on my HTPC under XP.

All my collection of video, music and picture is stored in a QNAP Nas. XBMC read from it without problems except for thumbnails.

Following an example of the structure I've in the NAS:
Multimedia folder\Music\Album Name\ (all the song of the album)

If I put an image named folder.jpg inside the folder "Album Name", when I go to the XBMC Listen to Music section I see all my linked folder without icon and if I go inside the linked folder (Album Name) when I browse the songs appears the image of the folder.jpg for each song.

My problem is how to show also the folder icon instead of the words No Icon.

I search a long in this forum and into the wiki and try different way.
The only way I found to solve the problem is press the info button on the remote and choice in the context menu-select icon and browse manually to find an icon only inside the HD of HTPC but I think there is not the right way.

I tried to make this:
Multimedia folder\Music\Album Name\
Multimedia folder\Music\Album Name.jpg (or Album Name.tbn) but don't work.

The problem is the same for Video and Picture section.

Please help me to find out a solution!
Thank you for the patience and sorry for my bad english
What sharing system is this "QNAP" Nas thing using?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:What sharing system is this "QNAP" Nas thing using?

Thank you for interesting. When I add a source I link it like UPNP device. Do you have an idea regarding my problem? Thank you
UPnP does not share files - it shares media. Thus, it's unlikely to be able to get any thumbnails from it.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Thank you for the reply.

I tried to do the same with SMB but doesn't work. I only can see the the file cover but not the folder cover.

I hope I don't have to select all the icon for the folder cover manually!!!
UPNP is like for streaming directly from your server (qnap in your case).

If you want proper art, you will have to figure out the smb and a file/folder naming that XBMC will recognize.
Maybe I'm a bit confused. I'm trying to add source from my server (qnap) with SMB share but nothing change.

In example, in my server there is a folder named "Various Artists" (path: \Qmultimedia\Music\Various Artists\ ) and inside that 10 songs.

How can I do for XBMC read automatically the icon for that folder?
I putted in the same level (\Qmultimedia\Music\ ) a picture like this "Various Artists.jpg" (also "Various Artists.tbn") size 256x256?

What's wrong? I'm very appreciate your help, thank you
for audio, you have to add the source(s), then you have to bring up the context menu and scan it into the library.

for video, you have to add the source(s), then you configure the 'set content' for movies/tv/music videos and scan it in.
Many Thanks for the patience!

Finally I can see the picture folder for Music section. Thanks!!!!

The problem remain only for video/Movie/TV Shows section because If I add a new source and after I set the contents (choosing IMDB and other channel) nothing happens.

So I ask if there is another way to have the picture folder like Music section without download any information by internet (IMDB & Co.).
A great thank yet.

(I hope heartquake let me finish to set XBMC Sad )
Hi guys,
Queen1980, your english is pretty good, Im to having excaclly the same problem as you. I have tried renaming 256x256 pics to png,jpeg or tbn on the end of the file name, I even tried putting each video file and the thumbnail pic in the same folder. Still didnt work, xbmc will still see the video avi file easy no mater what I do, but still wont see the thumb ? I hope you find a answer
Thanks
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post233507

see the debug log part

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with thumbnails: please help me0