Aeon skin - building the movie db
Tried ALL skins -- Same results!

I also tried SET CONTENT with the following settings!

THIS DIRECTORY CONTAINS: MOVIES
RUN AUTOMATED SCANS: off
USE FOLDER NAMES FOR LOOKUP: off
SCAN RECURSIVELY: off
SELECTED FOLDER CONTAINS A SINGLE VIDEO: off (greyed)
EXCLUDE PATH FROM LIBRARY UPDATES: on

GUI MODE: FILE (VIDEO)

All the cover art is correctly keyed off my folder info....now when I press "I" for information...I expected the *.nfo info to be show but curiously xbmc scans the internet and shows me various listings for me to pick! This is definitely a bug!

Please click here for logs!

Another problem I have noticed: When I sort on FILE or NAME (Both are identical in my case) the sort is not correct!
This is not a debug log. Please commit the correct type of log (again, info in the link I gave you).

Also please check "run automated scan"
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Ok! here is the log
And what happens if your turn on Library mode?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
what exactly is the issue? that scan seems to have run just fine, the missing stuff is due to the movie having no thumbs on imdb or impa and no fanart on tmdb...
The problem:

The scan must pick up MY information from *.nfo and MY coverart from *.tbn (or folder.jpg) from MY folder!

But XBMC scraps IMDB in MOVIE mode! However, in VIDEO mode XBMC does use MY information.

I need the MOVIE mode so that I can use the SEARCH functionality!

In VIDEO mode everything is fine and dandy except that the file names are not in the CORRECT sorted order - otherwise the info is pulled from MY *.nfo and cover art from MY *.tbn (or folder.jpg)!

In MOVIE mode ALL information is from the scraper!
the log indicate that absolutely no nfo files at all are found.
Quote:the log indicate that absolutely no nfo files at all are found.
false! I created all the *.nfo files using MEDIA COMPANION and I do see that there is one *.nfo file in EVERY movie folder!

How come the VIDEO mode scanned my *.nfo and *.tbn filesHuh?

Something is amiss here!
I don't speak Aeon, so I assume the problem is that XBMC is fetching info from the internet rather than the local info.

Can you post a sample nfo file please?
Quote:I don't speak Aeon, so I assume the problem is that XBMC is fetching info from the internet rather than the local info.

Sure here we go! BTW, the problem is same in PM HD skin as well!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<movie>
<title>Aitraaz</title>
<rating>6.7</rating>
<year>2004</year>
<top250>0</top250>
<votes>481</votes>
<outline>Successful businessman Raj Malhotra (Akshay Kumar) has everything going for him, including a lovely wife (Kareena Kapoor)...</outline>
<plot>Priya Saxena is a law student who goes to work for a barrister. But she leaves the address of the house behind and lands up in Raj&apos;s house where incidentally a house maid is awaited. Raj mistakes her for a house maid and makes her work for him and eventually falls in love. They marry and soon expect a baby and Raj buys a costly bungalow to live in as he expects promotion. But his new MD Sonia calls him home to discuss a problem and attempts to harass him sexually. When Raj refuses, she puts the blame on him and reports this to her husband Roy who demands a resignation from Raj. Raj files a case against Sonia. Priya who doesn&apos;t know about this is shocked but is determined to save her husband. It is at that time when Raj tells Priya that he had been involved with Sonia in the past and how they broke up due to differences of opinion. Sonia&apos;s lawyer cleverly projects the case in Soni&apos;a favor. The climax is about how Priya collects evidence to support her husband which will help her win the case.</plot>
<tagline>In the world of women play by their rules or...</tagline>
<mpaa>12A</mpaa>
<playcount>0</playcount>
<id>tt0418460</id>
<filename>VIDEO_TS.IFO</filename>
<genre>Drama / Thriller</genre>
<credits>Shiraz Ahmed / Shiraz Ahmed</credits>
<director>Abbas Alibhai Burmawalla</director>
<studio>Mukta Arts</studio>
<actor>
<name>Akshay Kumar</name>
<role>Raj Malhotra</role>
<thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTI4MDIwOTUxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzc2NDI0Mg@@._V._V1._SY400_SX300_.jpg</thumb>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Kareena Kapoor</name>
<role>Priya Saxena / Malhotra</role>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Priyanka Chopra</name>
<role>Mrs. Sonia Roy</role>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Amrish Puri</name>
<role>Ranjit Roy</role>
<thumb>http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjE4ODU2OTg1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzI0OTcyMQ@@._V._V1._SY400_SX300_.jpg</thumb>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Paresh Rawal</name>
<role>Advocate Patel</role>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Annu Kapoor</name>
<role>Barrister Ram Choitrani</role>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Suresh Bhagwat</name>
<role>Bhagwat, Sonia&amp;#x27;s PA</role>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Anil Nagrath</name>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Juliette Navin-Bardin</name>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Preeti Puri</name>
<role>Jenny</role>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Vivek Shaq</name>
<role>Rakesh Sharma (as Vivek Shaque)</role>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Upasna Singh</name>
<role>Kanchan</role>
</actor>
</movie>
And this is straight from the media location?

Reason I ask there is a lot of these errrors in your log:
ERROR: PICTURE: Error loading image smb://HPMEDIAVAULT/MyMovies3/Hindi/Rang De Basanti/movie.tbn
Which could mean corruption or permission issues.
Quote:And this is straight from the media location?
yes!

Quote:smb://HPMEDIAVAULT/MyMovies3/Hindi/Rang De Basanti/movie.tbn

I do not see the file movie.tbn in this location! Here are the files in

smb://HPMEDIAVAULT/MyMovies3/Hindi/Rang De Basanti/

folder.jpg
Rang De Basanti.avi
Rang De Basanti.nfo
Rang De Basanti.tbn
Rang De Basanti-fanart.jpg
rang de basanti cover.jpg

Wait a minute, does MOVIE scan expect movie.tbn and movie.nfo! in smb://HPMEDIAVAULT/MyMovies3/Hindi/Rang De Basanti/?
no, and from the log you can clearly see it's reading that nfo and using the info. it uses the tbn, caches the fanart, and load the nfo file.

Code:
13:26:48 T:5468 M:2097123328   DEBUG: Found matching nfo file: smb://HPMEDIAVAULT/MyMovies3/Hindi/Rang De Basanti/Rang De Basanti.nfo
13:26:48 T:5468 M:2097139712   DEBUG: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner::CheckForNFOFile Got details from nfo
13:26:48 T:5468 M:2097139712   DEBUG: Adding new item to movies:smb://HPMEDIAVAULT/MyMovies3/Hindi/Rang De Basanti/Rang De Basanti.avi
13:26:48 T:5468 M:2097053696   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetMovieId (smb://HPMEDIAVAULT/MyMovies3/Hindi/Rang De Basanti/Rang De Basanti.avi), query = select idMovie from movie where idFile=73
13:26:48 T:5468 M:2097061888   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetMovieId (smb://HPMEDIAVAULT/MyMovies3/Hindi/Rang De Basanti/Rang De Basanti.avi), query = select idMovie from movie where idFile=73
13:26:49 T:5468 M:2097037312    INFO: Caching image from: smb://HPMEDIAVAULT/MyMovies3/Hindi/Rang De Basanti/Rang De Basanti-fanart.jpg to C:\Documents and Settings\skumar\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\profiles\HINDI\Thumbnails\Video\Fanart\23dec548.tbn
13:26:49 T:5468 M:2096914432    INFO: Creating thumb from: smb://HPMEDIAVAULT/MyMovies3/Hindi/Rang De Basanti/Rang De Basanti.tbn as: C:\Documents and Settings\skumar\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\profiles\HINDI\Thumbnails\Video\2\23dec548.tbn
Spiff, yes this is correct in VIDEO mode!

But when the library is build in MOVIE mode xbmc scraps IMDB!
ehrr, what does build the library in movie mode means?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon skin - building the movie db0