Aeon skin - building the movie db
vskatusa Wrote:Has anybody tested this library stuff with VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder hierarchy (Instead of a single ISO or AVI files)?
In that case you may have to put the "XBMC files" inside the VIDEO_TS folder.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
That press 'I' thing is very interesting. If you start out with an empty movie library, then you go to file mode and press 'i' for information on a movie folder that contains an nfo, you will be asked to set content. Then you set content as Movies, select IMDB (or whatever) as the movie type, tell XBMC that the folder only contains a single movie, and hit OK. XBMC then scans the nfo and populates the info page.

Then, if you switch over to your previously empty library, that movie shows up containing the info previously populated. This is functionality that I did not know existed!

Of course, this makes me doubly confused about the problem.
Actually, converting the folders to iso may not be necessary. For XBMC to find a proper nfo, the name of the nfo has to either match the name of the file (e.g. video1.vob & video1.nfo) or has to be named 'movie.nfo' and be placed within the folder.

e.g.
C:\movies\Darkknight\movie.nfo
natethomas Wrote:That press 'I' thing is very interesting. If you start out with an empty movie library, then you go to file mode and press 'i' for information on a movie folder that contains an nfo, you will be asked to set content. Then you set content as Movies, select IMDB (or whatever) as the movie type, tell XBMC that the folder only contains a single movie, and hit OK. XBMC then scans the nfo and populates the info page.

Then, if you switch over to your previously empty library, that movie shows up containing the info previously populated. This is functionality that I did not know existed!

Of course, this makes me doubly confused about the problem.
That actually makes perfect sense, it simply creates a "mini" library with that single movie.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
xml and related files have to be inside the video_ts folder not just the main folder to get xbmc to use it vs scrape I believe...
ok, just my $0.02

I was having a similar kind of experience, I ran all my movies through MIP to build .nfo and .tbn files and all looked fine, when i opened XBMC (PM3 skin) I added source, set to imdb, set use folder names for lookup, no automated scan. I could see all 160 movies under Videos OK.

Changed to Library Mode and chose refresh library, expecting it to populate from the .nfo and .tbn files. Four Hours later the progress bar was only half way across so gave up for the night, (could see approx 70 movies in library) shut PC down went to bed.

Just got up, ran XBMC again, it started to scan for new content (approx 30 seconds) and could still only see 70 movies in Library. Exited XBMC, reopened and bingo all 160 movies were in Library!

There is definately some kind of issue with the way it handles local nfo's. How long should the library take to build with 160 folders conatining 160 movies? First 70 movies 4 hours... the other 90 30 seconds!? Opening and shutting XBMC certainly seemed to force it to do something.
Ok success!

This is what i did to make it work:

1. Create ISO images for all my video's
2. Each folder has *.tbn, *.nfo & folder.jpg (folder.jpg and *.tbn are identical)
3. Set content=movies; all flags turned off (no scan, no folder et all)
4. Created a source for VIDEO and MANUALLY pressed "I" for each and every coverart - This adds an entry into the db
4. Now changing to MOVIE mode everything is fine and dandy
snowy1998, I understand your pain!

The earlier behaviour of XBMC was as follows:

If you select LIBRARY mode ON and If there is a *.nfo and *.tbn file in the folder then DO NOT scrape the internet (even if the user has selected it to scan).

I hope some XBMC developer takes note of this thread!
There is no problem with xbmc, as noted by more than one person above if you have VIDEO_TS folders the nfo has to be within the folder (With the media as with any other format).
sho Wrote:There is no problem with xbmc, as noted by more than one person above if you have VIDEO_TS folders the nfo has to be within the folder (With the media as with any other format).

As I pointed out earlier...I found that it's easier to just take the contents of MOVIENAME/VIDEO_TS and drop it in MOVIENAME, removing the other two subfolders. All works fine for me...
Quote:There is no problem with xbmc, as noted by more than one person above if you have VIDEO_TS folders the nfo has to be within the folder (With the media as with any other format).
I disagree! This solution did not work for me!

Quote:As I pointed out earlier...I found that it's easier to just take the contents of MOVIENAME/VIDEO_TS and drop it in MOVIENAME, removing the other two subfolders. All works fine for me...
Not tested this... probably this will work!
vskatusa Wrote:I disagree! This solution did not work for me!

Not tested this... probably this will work!

Also, you may have to re-generate the .nfo files for all the DVD's to get them to scan properly, especially if you're using MIP. I distinctly recall always wondering why some thirty or so out of 300 movies never showed up, and when I looked into it, I discovered that it was for this reason.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon skin - building the movie db0