[REQUEST] Media Flagging support in the MediaStream skin?
I see your point and I wasn't at all happy with what I did anyway! I will be looking in to the actual positioning myself. Thanks for the tip!

Hmm, just read through the movie view discussion thread and saw this:

When this view at some point gets released, it's def gonna be my default!
So what we're doing here already seems "outdated" for me, but on the plus side, it looks as though the flags will fit this view quite well Big Grin
Don't get me wrong; I still want the flags on Media Preview, and will continue to work towards this!
I also played a bit with this patch and the exported library .nfo files.

I searched, but didn't found what the
<status></status>
<code></code>
tags are for?

Since the xml now uses the studio tag for the data storage, I think it would be better use some others usually empty.
I hope if this feature makes to the xbmc core, there will be a specific tag for it Smile

Also I'm trying to modify the code, for use all of the tags from nfo and not only the filename (like the DVD tag). ANd to fit some language and subtitle tags into it.
This is what I've settled for:
Any thoughts?

We got, from left to right, source, resolution, video format, audio format (notice I added an extra flag) and of course the studio flag, which really didn't fit anywhere so it ended up there Big Grin

It's probably not perfect, but I haven't run in to any bugs yet! Granted, if the movie name is too long the flags will overlap, but if you know what you're doing, this is probably easily fixed!

SlaveUnit, thanks for the code and guidelines Wink
... how'd you know at what line to paste the flag code in ViewsVideo.xml? I wanna do this on the tv view(s), but I can't figure it out :p
I just commented out the star ratings part and started the code after that. Maybe I just got lucky on where I placed it. But I figured since I was reaplacing the stars that it would go there. I think super_sobbie helped with that advice as well.
it puts the info up in the order that it sees it. so if you want stuff on top you have to put it later in the file... if you put it too early it may get overlayed by something else.

SoBBie

PPS looks pretty good.
Smile
PiNCH Wrote:I see your point and I wasn't at all happy with what I did anyway! I will be looking in to the actual positioning myself. Thanks for the tip!

Hmm, just read through the movie view discussion thread and saw this:

When this view at some point gets released, it's def gonna be my default!
So what we're doing here already seems "outdated" for me, but on the plus side, it looks as though the flags will fit this view quite well Big Grin
Don't get me wrong; I still want the flags on Media Preview, and will continue to work towards this!

It's gonna be my default view as well!!!!... it looks really really nice!!!!!!
BliBlaBlo Wrote:It's gonna be my default view as well!!!!... it looks really really nice!!!!!!

I'm afraid we will never get to use it. It's a view minimalko made for his MOD, but never realesed. And since it's been a long time since he updated his MOD, I guess he will never realese it Sad
PiNCH Wrote:This is what I've settled for:
Any thoughts?

We got, from left to right, source, resolution, video format, audio format (notice I added an extra flag) and of course the studio flag, which really didn't fit anywhere so it ended up there Big Grin

It's probably not perfect, but I haven't run in to any bugs yet! Granted, if the movie name is too long the flags will overlap, but if you know what you're doing, this is probably easily fixed!

SlaveUnit, thanks for the code and guidelines Wink
... how'd you know at what line to paste the flag code in ViewsVideo.xml? I wanna do this on the tv view(s), but I can't figure it out :p

Pinch - This is what I'm looking to do as well, but can't figure out how. Any chance you can post your .xml?

Thanks
Please note that this "mod" is only for manual flagging. It wont with with the latest SVN that supports native media flagging done by CapnBry.

If you still want it all you have to do it edit ViewsVideo.xml. Look in post #45 in this thead. I explain all you have to do to move the flags. It isnt very much.
SlaveUnit Wrote:Please note that this "mod" is only for manual flagging. It wont with with the latest SVN that supports native media flagging done by CapnBry.

That's for Mediastream? or native to XBMC? If it's XBMC I would imagine the skin would need an update too.

SlaveUnit Wrote:If you still want it all you have to do it edit ViewsVideo.xml. Look in post #45 in this thead. I explain all you have to do to move the flags. It isnt very much.

I tried that. Even if I put in 0,0 for the x and y positions it appears under the "movie information" section and I can't get it above next to the title. I'm assuming the positioning in each section is some type of relative positioning instead of absolute, but then it gets beyond my limited abilities Sad
Oldie Wrote:That's for Mediastream? or native to XBMC? If it's XBMC I would imagine the skin would need an update too.

I tried that. Even if I put in 0,0 for the x and y positions it appears under the "movie information" section and I can't get it above next to the title. I'm assuming the positioning in each section is some type of relative positioning instead of absolute, but then it gets beyond my limited abilities Sad

Right, I am leaving the Mediastream update to Skunk because he will do a better job than I will with the native XBMC flagging function. Mine was only a sloppy hackjob (with lots of furniture errors in the log) because I wanted to play with it a bit. Right now the only skin that supports the XBMC native flagging is PM3.HD.

The posx and posy are grids that include negative numbers. So dont forget to try negative and positive numbers until you get the feel of where things are layed out. Just keep trying. Just move them by like 50 at first. Then look and see where it moved it. Things are always tough at first. Then you get the hang of it and learn more for the future.
SlaveUnit thanks for your work on this I updated all my movies to push the info and now intead of star rating my showcase view has what def everything is Big Grin...
No problem. Glad it worked out for you. Now we all wait for the amazing skunkm0nkee to do all the views with native flagging...yiiipppppeeeeeeeeeee Wink
Question 
Can i add a blueray cover or a file tag which shows the source like DVD, TV, BLURAY etc?
I found something in Aeon skin, but like MediaStream.
Lightbulb 
Skunkmonkee...Just out of curiousity, do you happen to have any general timeline on when you will be working on the native media flagging for MediaStream? This is just a simple question not to be mistaken for a demand or any whining complaint. I know minimeedia is your current baby and this would be after that at best. Thanks again for a great (and my favorite) skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Media Flagging support in the MediaStream skin?0