Media Flagging Guide for Aeon
cloverfield Wrote:I try to get the flagging to work, but I have little succes.

I have a studio tag like this:
Movie A: <studio>Columbia Pictures Corporation / SDp / XVID / MPEG Audio / 2ch </studio>
Movie B: <studio>DreamWorks SKG / 1080p / WVC1 / WMA3 / 6ch / Sub</studio>

But inside XBMC (for both movies) I only have two icons (of four) that are filled.
On the left side: the studio icon and a ?. On the right side: SD and a ?

In the movie information a have "dolby 2.0" and "SD" icons... how do I get the other to icons to work?
The same applies for the other movie I tagged in the info file.

Skin based flagging is old and not used anymore as XBMC now supports flagging so putting all those other entries in the studio tag actually stops it working it should only contain the studio name now

Aeon mods from Black, Hitcher and andyblac are already set for native flagging, if you want to use it in the standard Aeon use the link below

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52581
>>X<<' Wrote:Skin based flagging is old and not used anymore as XBMC now supports flagging so putting all those other entries in the studio tag actually stops it working it should only contain the studio name now

Aeon mods from Black, Hitcher and andyblac are already set for native flagging, if you want to use it in the standard Aeon use the link below

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52581

There is no other way? Sad
The problem is that I have now the best of all worlds (read: mods). So a lot of xml files are custom altered. With continues releases of aeon and it's mods, it's hard to keep track Sad

Do I need to have the "tags" in the filename? Like "Transformers.BluRay.DTS.mkv"?
cloverfield Wrote:There is no other way? Sad
The problem is that I have now the best of all worlds (read: mods). So a lot of xml files are custom altered. With continues releases of aeon and it's mods, it's hard to keep track Sad

Do I need to have the "tags" in the filename? Like "Transformers.BluRay.DTS.mkv"?

The only tags got from file names are source tags blu ray, HD DVD and DVD everything else is either gathered from XBMC when scrapping or from nfo's

Read the link I gave you its all in there you can add that to whatever version of Aeon your using but your version of XBMC has to be one that has native flagging
Ok so I'm a noob to xbmc and maybe I overlooked something but I downloaded the media flag updater v0.3 and had it update all my filenames and add an NFO file to each movie folder. When I ran Xbmc I had to reload all my movie files into my library (since the filenames had changed) this was all fine except now I had media flags but no information from IMDB. The only way I could get the plot and cast ect back was to rename the file and delete the NFO file and rescan the movies into my library.. Now I have no media flags. lol So what am I doing wrong? How can I get both the information from IMDB and media flags at the same time??
This is the wrong thread for starters.

You want Native Media Flagging support for Aeon
Hi,

Since I am at the stage of still experimenting with a few skins I would like to run Aeon and other skins in parallel - of course, alternating between the 2-3 skins I am testing.

My question relates to the fact that I see that Aeon is quite different from the rest of the skins, requiring quite some extensive filename and/ or nfo processing.

I normally do not use nfo's, relying instead on the skin's default abilities to get me what I need.
On the other hand I have seen quite a few limitations and also erroneous info in other skins, hence the nfo thing may not be a bad thing after all.

So, can I use the Aeon file renaming, without affecting the other skins?
Of course, I believe that a rescan will be required, if I rename following the Aeon rules, but, will that break things for the othe skins?

I really have to be sure... Thanks.
buju Wrote:Hi,

So, can I use the Aeon file renaming, without affecting the other skins?
Of course, I believe that a rescan will be required, if I rename following the Aeon rules, but, will that break things for the othe skins?

I really have to be sure... Thanks.

You don't need to rename anything - that was for older versions of the skin/xbmc. If it works in one skin, it will work in another.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:You don't need to rename anything - that was for older versions of the skin/xbmc. If it works in one skin, it will work in another.

That would be really, really great!..
On the other hand, why is it then that I do not get any indication of the video codec/ type (SD, bluray, etc) or parental guidance, etc in the Movies view?

I thought that bluray was supposed to be in the name of the file for it to be properly determined by Aeon. Similarly, for PG, the rating info would have to be in the nfo?

Thank you.

EDIT: Here's http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=329956&postcount=2 what I was looking at and understood it to be necessary that you do file renaming and using nfo files... Is this info obsolete?
It was just a matter of having used the old (unfinished) skin.
Using Aeon65 solved the issues nicely.
WOW, what an amazing skin. And I am sure that I'm just scratching the surface.
Now if only I could find a good treasure chest of great 1080p fanart backdrops...
I saw that the original Aeon project website does not have even the few backdrops it had.

Any quick pointers to a quality backdrop repository, somewhere?
Thank you!
Hi@all,

great guide! but i have a problem. my 1080p movieflags appear right...it´s all fine studio/bluray/1080p/dts...

now i tried an older movie. 1984 from george orwell. it appears all correct excepting the audio flag. there is a quesiton mark.

i am using media info plus and the aeon stark skin...the nfo says:

<studio> 2ch / DX50 / MPEG Audio / SDp / MGM / SDp / DX50 / MPEG Audio / 2ch / </studio>

but there is no audio flag?? besides i would be nice to have DivX (i renamed the title name to sddvd) instead of DVD...

so what´s the problem? could it be, that i don´t have alle the correct flags images and when yes, where can i get it?

would be nice, if someone could help me.

(sry for my english)

greets Tetsuo
Tetsuo Wrote:Hi@all,

great guide! but i have a problem. my 1080p movieflags appear right...it´s all fine studio/bluray/1080p/dts...

now i tried an older movie. 1984 from george orwell. it appears all correct excepting the audio flag. there is a quesiton mark.

i am using media info plus and the aeon stark skin...the nfo says:

<studio> 2ch / DX50 / MPEG Audio / SDp / MGM / SDp / DX50 / MPEG Audio / 2ch / </studio>

but there is no audio flag?? besides i would be nice to have DivX (i renamed the title name to sddvd) instead of DVD...

so what´s the problem? could it be, that i don´t have alle the correct flags images and when yes, where can i get it?

would be nice, if someone could help me.

(sry for my english)

greets Tetsuo

Why wouldn't you use native flagging? This method is completely obsolete, and was from a time before XBMC had native media flagging ability. See the link Hitcher posted a few posts back.

Edit: Also, Stark? Again, completely out of date. Use a newer version, you'll have nothing but problems unless you do some serious mods.
ok, thx. i will try a newer version...

which versions would you suggest?
Tetsuo Wrote:ok, thx. i will try a newer version...

which versions would you suggest?

Aeon Hitched by EKIM232 or Aeon65. I'm not familiar with the differences between the two, try both and see which one you prefer. They are both good from what I hear.
i will try one of those, thanks for help!
Aeon Showmix.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Flagging Guide for Aeon0