Media Flagging Guide for Aeon
billy21 Wrote:I have a question, its possible to read from name of the movie instead of reading into NFO file?
I've all movies in the same folder without any nfo filo, and if this is possible it will be very interesting for me because i have only to put at the name 1080p dts, and the ikons will appear automatically

Just to make sure I understand you correctly, do you mean from the filename?

If yes then... yes you can put the info in the filename and have Aeon read the flagging information from that.

For example.

300.bluray.dts.mkv would work perfectly. Only thing you would have to do is change the code to read from the filename but that's easy enough using a search and replace function.
Yes, this is exactly I want. do you know wich code I have to change to do this? and in wich archive(xml)?
Thanks a lot!
Well the only file you need to edit is Includes_MediaFlags.xml located in the 720p folder.

Here is what you're looking for.

Code:
                <control type="image" id="187">
                    <include>Furniture_ListMediaFlagsVars</include>
                    <texture>flags/720p.png</texture>
                    <visible>substring(listitem.studio,720p)</visible>
                </control>

When you open the xml you are going to see tons of these. This is what you want to change:

substring(listitem.studio,720p)

See the listitem.studio? You will have to change each one to listitem.filename. So you would have

substring(listitem.filename,720p)

Code:
                    <visible>substring(listitem.filename,720p)</visible>
                </control>
Thanks a lot!
Quick question when i renamed my movie such as bolt.blueray.dts.mkv it disappears from my movie list. I update to find new movies but it doesn't pick it up. Once I rename it back to Bolt it picks up fine.
ok need some help.. how am I tagging these wrong as Im not getting all the tags correctHuh does aeon pull the info from the info file or file folder name or both?? I just cant get it to name all the icons.

Cars movie only shows studio, xvid, SD
file folder shows cars.sdp.sdvd.mp3.2ch.xvid
nfo file shows <studio>Walt Disney Pictures / SDp / XVID / MPEG Audio / 2ch / </studio>

The boondock saints- only shows studio and bluray icon
file folder taged as The.Boondock.Saints.1999.Bluray.XviD.AC3-FLAWL3SS
nfo file shows <studio>Franchise Pictures / / XVID / 480p / AC-3 / 6ch / </studio>

Also how many info files should I have?? I usually have 2-3 in the folder for some reason and they seem to be duplicate information in all of them.

thanks

RF
rflores2323 Wrote:ok need some help.. how am I tagging these wrong as Im not getting all the tags correctHuh does aeon pull the info from the info file or file folder name or both?? I just cant get it to name all the icons.

Cars movie only shows studio, xvid, SD
file folder shows cars.sdp.sdvd.mp3.2ch.xvid
nfo file shows <studio>Walt Disney Pictures / SDp / XVID / MPEG Audio / 2ch / </studio>

The boondock saints- only shows studio and bluray icon
file folder taged as The.Boondock.Saints.1999.Bluray.XviD.AC3-FLAWL3SS
nfo file shows <studio>Franchise Pictures / / XVID / 480p / AC-3 / 6ch / </studio>

Also how many info files should I have?? I usually have 2-3 in the folder for some reason and they seem to be duplicate information in all of them.

thanks

RF

By default, Aeon (Auriga) ONLY gets the source from the filename... that is to say it only dicovers Bluray, SDDVD etc from the filename. ALL the other flags are found in the studio tag of the NFO. (see first posting).

Now, you CAN adjust Aeon to get those additional flags from the filename INSTEAD of the NFO... but you have to do a little (but very simple) code changes (see Krypt2nite's posting a couple of post above this)... you only need to rename a few lines of code.

This is only half the problem though... read the opening post carefully... it tells you precisely WHICH flags are recognised... and therefore anything not in that list like 'XVid' will not be recognised.
There are a lot of other threads that expain how to get support for even more flags (like XVid, MPEG etc), but this thread only discusses the basic / default Aeon (simply because folks are adding the extentions way too rapidly to keep up!). If you understand this guide, then extending the capabilities becomes much easier, but get your head around the basics first ... it takes a little time, but it's worth it... otherwise you'll be banging your head against a brick wall ;-)

Best of luck, and let us know how you get on.... we'll help you some more if you're totally struggling
How about for TV Shows? I very much dislike the idea of using NFO files everywhere, but I am resigned to the fact that this is the only way to get flags working correctly. I noticed that not only does each episode have flags, but the seasons do as well. Where should the NFO files be located, what should they be named, and how should they be formatted? Thanks for the guide.
[04/03/2009 04:42:13PM Agent (Prashant_190023): "You are most welcome to the best democratic countries of the world -- India"] --Dell Chat
krypt2nite Wrote:Well the only file you need to edit is Includes_MediaFlags.xml located in the 720p folder.

Here is what you're looking for.

Code:
                    <visible>substring(listitem.studio,720p)</visible>
                </control>

When you open the xml you are going to see tons of these. This is what you want to change:

substring(listitem.studio,720p)

See the listitem.studio? You will have to change each one to listitem.filename. So you would have

substring(listitem.filename,720p)

Code:
                    <visible>substring(listitem.filename,720p)</visible>
                </control>

thanks for this as I did this is the xml file and it worked. However now it doesnt pickup the studio name as I must of changed it as well. Where do I change the studio name code so that it picks it up from the .nfo file only. Can you put an example up of the code and where to change it.

I only want the studio name to pull the info from there and want the rest to pull from the file name.

Im using media info plus and it renames the file however will it rename everything that I need to? source, resolution, audio??

Thanks

RF
Code:
- <[color=green]control type="image" id="81"[/color]>
  <include>Furniture_ShowcaseMediaFlagsVars</include>
  <texture>flags/20thcenturyfox.png</texture>
  <visible>substring([color=red]listitem.studio[/color],Fox)</visible>
  </control>

ok, there are a NUMBER of places in the code you need to change... but all of them look VERY similar.

you need to search for the line in green (above) then make the change to the line in red (above) to say "listitem.studio"

there are multiple entries likes this... one for EVERY studio known to AEON, but make sure you only edit the instances with control type "image" and id="81" as I've highlighted in green
i´m sorry guys but i have been all afternoon reading about flags but still havent figured it out.

I have AEON like i want but i dont understand how to put the flags working.

I know that a need a .nfo alongside the movie.mkv but i dont know how to make one .nfo neither what to do. Can anyone please place here an example of how a nfo should look like and how can i make one?

tks
Punk_Boy Wrote:i´m sorry guys but i have been all afternoon reading about flags but still havent figured it out.

I know that a need a .nfo alongside the movie.mkv but i dont know how to make one .nfo neither what to do. Can anyone please place here an example of how a nfo should look like and how can i make one?

tks

I think I figured it out after alot of reading.. all my flags are showing.. You need to get the program media info plus and install it. then add your movies to it. Make sure you go to the setting (general tab) and checkmark the skin tag enabled. Then run your movies thru media info plus and it will do all the work for you and make an .nfo file with everything for you. You need to get the latest includes_mediaflags.xml that will help support all the flags that are tagged by media info plus (like divx, aac, mp3, etc...)

then install the program media flag installer and have your movies run thru there aswell to add some additonal content to the nfo file. Then run xbmc and update library and voila your flags show up. if you run it this way the only thing that is updated from the file name is the source flag.. all the rest of the information (resolution, audio,etc..) is pulled from the nfo file. took me about 3 days to get it right but with both programs it is working ok for me.
Punk_Boy Wrote:i´m sorry guys but i have been all afternoon reading about flags but still havent figured it out.

tks

an NFO file is a complicated file that describes your movie... the name, year, actors, codec, loads of stuff... There are some programs like Media Info Plus, or Ultimate Media Manager that can scan your movie files and download the relevant NFO for you... OR, you can add your movies to XBMC as normal, then go to library settings and export your library to individual files... this will basically make an NFO file for each of your movies...

Then you can manually edit the NFO to insert the <studio> tag, or use an automated app like Ultimate Media Manager to 'touch up' your NFO files with the studio tag.

I would recommend Ultimate Media Manager (because it's simple and uncluttered) for a beginner. Do a search in the forums to find it. It works on Windows only, so hope you're PC Windows based.

I know it's a lot to understand, but you'll soon get used to it.
tks a lot guys. Will try that Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Flagging Guide for Aeon0