Media Flagging Guide for Aeon
well guys, i´m on the virg of quiting! I tried with MIP but it crashed my computer, then i downloaded ultimate media manager, but i dont know what to do! I know that probebly its to much to ask but can someone please tell me a step by step guide on how to add the flags to my AEON. Its the only thing that its missing so that i can have a 100% XBMC Tongue.
ok... I'm not AT my PC right now, so can't easily do a 100% accurate guide but...

Step 1) Scan your movies into XBMC in the traditional tried and tested way you usually do

Step 2) When you're happy that your media is scanned in, go to Settings --> Library ---> Export (you might have to look for this menu, since Im doing this from memory remember ;-))

Step 3) Export to individual files, and overwrite any existing ones, but don't export art

Step 4) Verify that you have an NFO file created by XBMC for each movie in your library.

OK... we're now getting there.

Step 5) Open an NFO file in Notepad... and see if you have the <Studio> tag in there. If you do, you can edit this manually for each movie...

OR.....

Step 6a) Use Ultimate Media Manager, go to settings and tell UMM where to find your movie files.

Step 6b) Go to the 'AutoPilot' button and select 'Update Media Info only' (Again this is from memory.... the Auto button is quite small, and doesn't like a button, so have a close look for it... it's called 'AutoPilot' or something similar). This will basically scan all your movies and work out if it's HD/SD/MP3/DTS etc and automatically fill in the <Studio> tag of all your NFO's for you.
i have done all of that. I used AMM. Everything is ok, inside the AMM program, logos, 1080p, studio, etc. The thing is that when i go back inside xbmc the flags still dont appear. The nfo are inside each movie folder. What am i doing wrong?
Have you deleted your myvideos.db and rescanned your movies ?
I finally managed to get it! Big Grin Just on thing still missing. The Bluray icon! How can I in EMM add the Bluray or HDTV icon?
Punk_Boy Wrote:I finally managed to get it! Big Grin Just on thing still missing. The Bluray icon! How can I in EMM add the Bluray or HDTV icon?

ALL tags are read from the <studio> tag with ONE exception...

the 'Source'

The source of a movie is... Bluray, SDDVD, HDDVD etc.... and for strange reasons this can only be discovered in the filename of the movie...

So to get Bluray icon, rename your file to (for example) Star Wars.Bluray.avi

This is mentioned in the very opening message... it's a strange quirk, but still, for the moment, rename your file.

Actually there are some other ways you can do it, but I'm not going into those at the moment, until you've mastered this lot!... it will only complicate things :-)
tks! That did it. It sliped my eyes while reading. Just one last and final question i promisse! Big Grin

How can i via EMM add the trailers?! Because i click on the trailer icon but it never gets me the trailer? Big Grin Tongue
Punk_Boy Wrote:tks! That did it. It sliped my eyes while reading. Just one last and final question i promisse! Big Grin

How can i via EMM add the trailers?! Because i click on the trailer icon but it never gets me the trailer? Big Grin Tongue

If you get an answer to THAT, make sure i'm the first to hear it! ;-)
AnalogKid Wrote:If you get an answer to THAT, make sure i'm the first to hear it! ;-)

Will do Wink
Thanks for an excellent description of enabling media flags, where to put them and what they do. Just what this forum needed Smile
Advocate Wrote:Thanks for an excellent description of enabling media flags, where to put them and what they do. Just what this forum needed Smile

indeed. An excelent forum with great people wiling to help... Big Grin

Just one final question lol. And in the tv shows how do I add the flags?! I ask this because when in EMM and i press television nothing happens... :S
Punk_Boy Wrote:indeed. An excelent forum with great people wiling to help... Big Grin

Just one final question lol. And in the tv shows how do I add the flags?! I ask this because when in EMM and i press television nothing happens... :S

EMM is still VERY new, and so the TV and Music sections aren't working yet.
They will be soon.... actually there's a thread on EMM somewhere... do a search for it.
Hi,

I habe some further questions according Media Flagging and Aeon.
First of all a I'd like to say, I am hating using .nfo Files or somethink like that Big Grin

How do I stack files, if I am using Aeon? I.e. Wall-E has two parts, how should I name the files, so they are shown as one movie, not two?

How do I make Aeon scanning Foldernames too? I have several BluRay untouched on my HDD and they are not added to library, it is always said that there was no media file found. Can I solve this without using additional files?

I want to use XBMC with Aeon to manage my DVD/BluRay collection too, so I know I have to create fakefiles. Is it possible to add some comments to Movies, i.e. number of cd case or somethink like that?
Kevkong Wrote:Hi,

I habe some further questions according Media Flagging and Aeon.
First of all a I'd like to say, I am hating using .nfo Files or somethink like that Big Grin

How do I stack files, if I am using Aeon? I.e. Wall-E has two parts, how should I name the files, so they are shown as one movie, not two?

How do I make Aeon scanning Foldernames too? I have several BluRay untouched on my HDD and they are not added to library, it is always said that there was no media file found. Can I solve this without using additional files?

I want to use XBMC with Aeon to manage my DVD/BluRay collection too, so I know I have to create fakefiles. Is it possible to add some comments to Movies, i.e. number of cd case or somethink like that?

Mediaflagging isn't too difficult, but NFO files are needed.... just follow the guidelines in the opening post.

Stacking files is easy... name your movies like this (for example)

My Movies\
-- Star Wars\
---- Star Wars.avi
---- Star Wars.nfo
-- Wall-E\
---- Wall-E - CD1.avi
---- Wall-E - CD1.avi
---- Wall-E.nfo

When you add a 'source' (for instance 'My Movies') you must then set the content type using 'Set Content'

Set the following values:
Directory Contains = Movies
Run Automated Scan = ON
Use Folder Names For Lookups = ON
Scan Recursively = ON
Selected Folder Contains A Single Video = OFF
Exclude Path From Library Updates = OFF

Then scan your folder.... this should work perfectly.
Why are NFO Files needed?
The Scan work for me with only a good filename it looks like:

H:\
---10 Things I Hate About You - 1999 - 720p - German - English.mkv
---15 Minutes - 2001 - 720p - German - English.mkv

(I dont need all these flags about studio and audio and so on, in future I will create an own one for language)

Up to now it works fine. I only have to name the Files disk01 and disk02 to force that they are treatet like one movie.

These questions are still unanswered:

Buray untouched Folders do not contain any Video Files are not scanned, it always says "No Video Files Found in this Path" but I want them to appear in my Movies list and the posters should be downloaded.
H:\
---Taken - 2008 - BluRay\
This folder is always ignored because there are no Video files in that folder, do I have to use an .nfo File to fix this Problem?

Is there any possibility to add comments, shown at details or somewhere, to movies? Maybe with .nfo File?

P.S: "The Lion King" isnt found on imdb.com, when my library is scanned, why?

€dit: An additional question appears:
Is it possible to change the file extensions it is looking for? Would be very helpful to know which file I have to edit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Flagging Guide for Aeon0