Using the television scrapers?
I just installed XBMC last week (use to have it a long time ago on an xbox) so I'm still getting familiar with everything. I've been having an issue and hopefully someone can give me answers. I've run into an issue trying to set the content for television shows where it basically doesn't fine anything. I'm thinking it may have something to do with the folder structure I'm using. Maybe the scraper is not going deep enough. Here is my structure. I'd like to know if that is the issue or what is recommended.

\\MyServer\Television\SD\Show Name\Season\S##E##-NAME-episode.xxx

What I have been doing is setting the source to \\MyServer\Television. Then I try to do a Set Content from Television, but it doesn't find anything. I have to go down to "Show Name" and then it finds the episodes. I'll probably get rid of Season folder, but its still not enough. Other shows where I have all the episodes for all season under the show name folder still have an issue.

I have also noticed that unlike Movies, Television content doesn't have an a recursive option. Is this just set to on by default by the television scraper?

Thanks!
Your "Television" folder contains an "SD" folder. What show is that? It's not a show. Thus, don't set content to tv shows on that folder. Set it on the "SD" folder instead.

Once XBMC has found the tvshow, the heirachy from then on matters not.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm sorry, but for Movies I use the same structure and the scraper has no issues with those. It is able to dig through the folders fine.

\\MyServer\Movies\1080\NameOfMovie\files

But using the same structure for TV Shows, doesn't work. So it seems that something is different about the scraper for TV Shows vs. Movies.
TV shows must be directly off the folder you set content on. There's no other way to handle it - think about it for a bit. How do we know "Season" isn't a tvshow folder?

Read the manual for more information.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Perfect, that's exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using the television scrapers?0