• 1(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
Thumbs Up 

** We are currently holding a contest for a new logo. **
Click here for more info.

Current Features Overview:

Ember Media Manager contains feature to manage both Movies and TV Shows. Currently, TV Show support is in it's infancy. In future releases we will add more features and improve it's current ones to bring it to the same level as Movie support.

For a non-comprehensive listing of features, please visit the Features section of our Wiki.

Download:
Links to the installer and source code are on the EmberMM.com Download Tab or via the Google Code link at the bottom of this post.

Note: Requires .NET 3.5 Framework

Note: Disc images are not supported using MediaInfo.dll so meta data will not be scanned for file types such as iso, img, bin, etc. using the version that's included in the Extras packages. v0.7.11 of the dll does scan disc images for meta data, but it is more than likely incorrect (a "false-positive", as described by the developer of the MediaInfo library). If you would like to use it anyway, download one of the following and extract MediaInfo.dll from the archive into the Bin folder of your Ember installation (overwriting the current dll):

MediaInfo.dll v0.7.11 x64:
https://sourceforge.net/project/download...a=86982644

MediaInfo.dll v0.7.11 x86:
https://sourceforge.net/project/download...a=60502138

To Report Bugs/Request Features:
It would REALLY help us keep track of everything if everyone would use the issue tracker on EmberMM.com:
http://www.embermm.com/projects/embermm/issues
Before reporting an issue, please verify that you have .NET 3.5 installed on your system.

Thanks to anyone who contributes to this project, whether it be bug reports, feature requests, suggestions, graphic work, code, etc.!
Hi,

Your program look very good by it don't work for me Sad.
When i click on a movie i have this error :

Thanks
Looks great, but why not collaborate on Media Info Plus and make it have both a "standard mode" and a "advanced mode" view modes, (with the advanced mode without kitchen-sink).

I would just love it if all the NFO manager developers got together to work on the same open source project, (sharing the media info scrapers with XBMC, so same common XML files), ...one media manager to rule them all.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
It looks very promising. The cleanest, best looking interface of all, in my opinion.

While I 100% agree with Gamester17, I think the "one to rule them all" media manager shouldn't be based on the MIP GUI layout.
Nice! Finally a media manager that looks good. Clean layout and design.

I will try it out.

EDIT: Not working for me either. I can see the scanned movie folder in the left hand list but I get an error if I try to do anything with it. probably same error as Danone-KiD. Input string in wrong format. When I try to restart it I get the error immediately.

(My movie folders still have their original scene release names. If that helps in finding the bug/crash)
Same error for me.
olympia Wrote:While I 100% agree with Gamester17, I think the "one to rule them all" media manager should't be based on MIP.
I only suggested it because it is one of the few that is open source, ...perhaps best would be for all these developers to get together and get everything down on paper as a concept theory then after that code everything from scratch, ...and of course try to make it as modular as possible so that several coders can work at it at the same time without as large of a risk to break others code.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Here's the details of the error message people are getting.

http://pastebin.com/f780b2ab3

I'm on the 64-bit Windows 7 RC
What the programming language ?

Because if is C# i think we can work together, becuase i think it`s studip that all programm her own programm. The best way is a combination.

mafis90
Agree with Gamester too..! Just think of the quality of the software if you all worked as a team.... Wink
IF you start on such an endevour, i would like to request that you look at the c# scraper parser being done (see the scraper forums). using this would mean you can use all xbmc scrapers...
spiff Wrote:IF you start on such an endevour, i would like to request that you look at the c# scraper parser being done (see the scraper forums). using this would mean you can use all xbmc scrapers...
Link for reference => http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50055 Big Grin
I am intrested to create a new really "Ultimate" Manager, all programmers here coding in .net so there is no probleme.

So if there is a really intrested to create a new manager together, then i throw my own project "iMedia" away and help with many power.
One Media Manager to rule them all, One Media Manager to find them, One Media Manager to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

It would be interesting..
c#, vb, doesn't matter like mafis90 said, it's all .net .. it's cake to run it through a reflector and convert to any of the .net lang in source.

I'm willing, but only if it's .net 2 (i.e. not 3.5) and works in wine as well as in mono. I have a modular version of MIP i work on from time to time, basically i took a recent build of mip and started a new form, and then split up the source into modules that can be called from any form. Since MIP went from a way to select a folder.jpg to what it is today, there's a lot of it that's really modular anymore. but it could be.

The hard part is getting folks to agree. Some people love MIP, some love MC, some other apps or command line tools. The end result is the same, just the how it's done and the gui that's different.

I think to make it work, we would need Billy from MC as well.
fekker Wrote:One Media Manager to rule them all, One Media Manager to find them, One Media Manager to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Lol, i think the same today :-D.

.net 2.0 is no probleme.

I think the best is the planing it complelty new, but first we can look at the Code.

The probleme with the GUI, command line tools is no probleme, if we made it really modular. Also we can work with the MVC principle. So we separating the Forms from the Buisness Logic.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24