• 367(current)
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
MikeM Wrote:Did you enable the XBMC input/output modules in settings --> movies ?

i'm not sure if you responded before i edited my reply or not, but yah, i figured it out.

It was the input/output modules for XBMC

Also, someone asked what the difference between the 2 builds was, one of them is based on an older revision, the one MikeM just put out is much newer and has some features not in the older version that Tuscani has released, though both seem to work just fine.
bobrap Wrote:What's the difference between MikeM and Tuscani builds/versions?

I really didn't check it all, but i guess the main difference is that my build is based upon the latest revision from the original svn while Tuscanis build is based upon the last release version.
I still get this error:

Code:
Title: Error
StackTrace:    at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath)
   at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath)
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles()
   at EmberAPI.Scanner.ScanForTVFiles(TVShowContainer& tShow, String sPath)
Date/Time: 1/23/2011 2:37:08 PM
===========================================================================================

Title: Error
StackTrace:    at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath)
   at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath)
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles()
   at EmberAPI.Scanner.ScanForTVFiles(TVShowContainer& tShow, String sPath)
Date/Time: 1/23/2011 2:37:09 PM
===========================================================================================

i have over 200 shows in this format:

Z:\HD.Television\Show\
Z:\HD.Television\Show\Season01\

and the error doesn't seem to say which path it is having a problem with....it happens whenever i scrape tv.

Any ideas how i can fix this? It never used to happen (and doesn't seem to happen with an older version of ember i have on my other machine)
I have a question that may seem strange but i hope someone can help me out.

I have a folder for my divx movies (xvid) it has 131 movies in it, i have that path set in ember but when i look at only the movies in that path it only shows 66 movies.

Does any one have any idea what can cause that?
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

The download link on first page isnt working, also is it the latest ember ? thnx
MikeM Wrote:Hi everybody,

here is a new x86 build based upon the latest version from original svn.
Fixed every important thing that i was aware of and did some minor changes and additions. Here ist the complete changelog:
Mike

Mike

Maybe you should start a new thread if you are going to take up the challenge of updating this program.

This thread is 550 pages long and it will be hard to find the link to download the program.

Start your own and you can control the first post with the link to the most current version

Mick
znelbok Wrote:Maybe you should start a new thread if you are going to take up the challenge of updating this program.
That is a great idea. I started using Tuscani's version as I thought this was the newest/updated continuation and this thread was for the abandoned app?

It is very confusing for a newbie!
dave- Wrote:That is a great idea. I started using Tuscani's version as I thought this was the newest/updated continuation and this thread was for the abandoned app?

It is very confusing for a newbie!

wait this skin isnt being updated regularly?
Anyone know what's up with the 'account suspended' message on the Ember Media Manager website ? I can't install it because it can't obtain the versionlist XML file, and gives the error in XML 1,2 message (very helpful).
pm tuscani he will send you another link....
hey, i've recently run into a bizarre problem using ember in conjunction with xbmc. after a routine library update + scraping, xbmc now displays dozens of my movies and folders with the cover art for a movie i've never seen or heard of: The Lost, the gut wrenching true story of ray pye, teenage serial killer.

i figured the movie or image file could've been downloaded by mistake, but i can't find it anywhere on my computer. the mystery image only appears in xbmc, not ember or windows explorer, and it's displayed over movies with cover art both already downloaded and missing.

i'm completely stumped, to say the least, and would hugely appreciate any help or tips.
GrapeApe Wrote:hey, i've recently run into a bizarre problem using ember in conjunction with xbmc. after a routine library update + scraping, xbmc now displays dozens of my movies and folders with the cover art for a movie i've never seen or heard of: The Lost, the gut wrenching true story of ray pye, teenage serial killer.

i figured the movie or image file could've been downloaded by mistake, but i can't find it anywhere on my computer. the mystery image only appears in xbmc, not ember or windows explorer, and it's displayed over movies with cover art both already downloaded and missing.

i'm completely stumped, to say the least, and would hugely appreciate any help or tips.

Have you tried to refresh the movie information in XBMC?
So, I downloaded the latest version that MikeM posted and I think that I've setup the output module properly, but it seems broken. For one thing, it won't save my setting on trailers, but the other problem is that it won't save files as fanart.jpg for my movies. It makes a file, but it's titled the same as the movie with no extension. The other options do seem to work. Anyone know what's going on?
Look for the ember revisited thread. This thread is more or less dead and discussion has moved to the new thread. You can find the thread with a search or by going back a few posts and looking for the announcement to switch over.
------------------------------------------
Dharma Quick Setup Guide:
XBMC tips on the TechNazgul Blog
------------------------------------------
I just learned about this program while trying to figure out how to add extrathumbs to my files for the Aeon Showmix 2.5 skin. I installed the program and ran the scraper to DL extrathumbs only. Several movies have extrathumbs that are mostly greyed out. They are jpg files but the image looks like they are washed out in grey. I manually replaced some of them but XBMC still recognizes them as the old files.
Anybody comes across this problem? If so, how do you fix it? It seems to be a 2 part problem. The first is that Ember downloads the greyed image files. The second is getting XBMC to recognize the updated jpegs.
  • 367(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)24