TV show multiplex
Is it possible to get the images for the TV shows a bit wider so the image fits perfect?

i think the skins designed to be used in 16:9. i'm running 16:10 and mines slightly messed up. i'm pretty sure the thumbs come out in the aspect ratio you're running at. best option would be to start using a 16:9 resolution if you can.
Q6600, ASUS P5W, 6GB DDR2 and 2.5TB RAID running Mac OS X 10.5.5 and XBMC
xbox v1.0 (softmod) XBMC Dash
I don't think there is any fix for this. Aeon is made to display in 720p so it looks best on 16:9 displays and okay on 16:10 but generally it is gonna look a bit dodgy on a square display.
Yes that screenshot was taken on a 4/3 sd display aeon_auriga was written for 720 widescreen display's theres not much you can do about it unless you can convice someone to make it compatible with 4/3 which will involve a lot of work. my advice would be buy a cheap widescreen tvSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:Yes that screenshot was taken on a 4/3 sd display aeon_auriga was written for 720 widescreen display's theres not much you can do about it unless you can convice someone to make it compatible with 4/3 which will involve a lot of work. my advice would be buy a cheap widescreen tvSmile

Actually, all my tv's are 16:9 ratio and what is showing up is the banners from theTVDB.com and it is only showing a portion of the banner in Aeon. If you use MediaStream skin it works perfectly.

Any way to get the banner to show up completely in AeonHuh?
jondr13 Wrote:Actually, all my tv's are 16:9 ratio and what is showing up is the banners from theTVDB.com and it is only showing a portion of the banner in Aeon. If you use MediaStream skin it works perfectly.

Any way to get the banner to show up completely in AeonHuh?

Not quite sure what you mean. could you post a screenshot?
Tried the Auriga version of Aeon, so far not sure what to think about Multiplex Oo

In movie section its fine, at least it can be turned off.

I'm I missing something or there is no way to display other view types in TV Shows?

I miss the DVD Covers in TV Shows, How can I get DVD Covers back? instead of the 16/9 placeholders that only display small part of dvd cover.
Hidd3nFury Wrote:Not quite sure what you mean. could you post a screenshot?

not sure if he means the samething

but here is stark

and Auriga

How can I get DVD Covers back?
Hidd3nFury Wrote:Not quite sure what you mean. could you post a screenshot?

Sorry tried and didnt work. If you look at the example the individual gave at the beginning of this thread, its kind of like that.

Its taking one of the banners from theTBDB.org and using it as the cover. And when you go the TV Shows menu and its listed, the image is only 3/4's of the actually image since the original image is a "banner".
Thumbs Down 
nekrosoft13 Wrote:Tried the Auriga version of Aeon, so far not sure what to think about Multiplex Oo

I'm I missing something or there is no way to display other view types in TV Shows?

I miss the DVD Covers in TV Shows, How can I get DVD Covers back? instead of the 16/9 placeholders that only display small part of dvd cover.

The ability to use standard DVD art and Standard Banner art are both features the community has been begging for ever since this new TV view was débuted. Personally I love the new view, it is definitely the best designed view I have ever seen for TV on XBMC, only one problem. The dev only wants to support his own proprietary 16x9 landscape art size in the sidescroller (aka film strip) at the bottom and completely omitted support for the already establish standard art sizes. If you have a problem with it, don’t bother making a recommendation, they don’t care (if you don't believe me read their comments in the threads).

Sad but true,
Slice

P.S. Hell I would even consider making a donation if support for standard art sizes was supported.
nekrosoft13 Wrote:Tried the Auriga version of Aeon, so far not sure what to think about Multiplex Oo

Thats how it is for the multiplex view you'll just have to live with it. As for using other views, if you're using a recent build of auriga then go to Settings > Customise > Advanced > General.

You should see an option to "unlock all views for tv shows"

hope this helps.
jondr13 Wrote:Sorry tried and didnt work. If you look at the example the individual gave at the beginning of this thread, its kind of like that.

Its taking one of the banners from theTBDB.org and using it as the cover. And when you go the TV Shows menu and its listed, the image is only 3/4's of the actually image since the original image is a "banner".

If you want to use multiplex views for tv shows then you need to use the 16:9 images.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49761

You can find the ones made by the community in that thread. Alternatively you can activate the old views as outlined in my previous post.
slicemaster Wrote:The ability to use standard DVD art and Standard Banner art are both features the community has been begging for ever since this new TV view was début. Personally I love the new view, it is definitely the best designed view I have ever seen for TV on XBMC, only one problem. The dev only wants to support his own proprietary 16x9 landscape art size in the sidescroller (aka film strip) at the bottom and completely omitted support for the already establish standard art sizes. If you have a problem with it, don’t bother making a recommendation, they don’t care (if you don't believe me read their comments in the threads).

Sad but true,
Slice

P.S. Hell I would even consider making a donation if support for standard art sizes was supported.

hmm, thanks for reply, that just sounds bad. I don't see a reason to force entire community to use a new image size.

Everything should be uniform, this will cause going between skins very tedeous, considering that every other skin uses established assets.
Hidd3nFury Wrote:Thats how it is for the multiplex view you'll just have to live with it. As for using other views, if you're using a recent build of auriga then go to Settings > Customise > Advanced > General.

You should see an option to "unlock all views for tv shows"

hope this helps.

ok, cool, will try that. no mutliplexing for me then.
Star 
nekrosoft13 Wrote:hmm, thanks for reply, that just sounds bad. I don't see a reason to force entire community to use a new image size.

Everything should be uniform, this will cause going between skins very tedeous, considering that every other skin uses established assets.

I personally couldn't agree with you more; it is screwed up. Personally using the proprietary size art simply is not a option for me as I already have a rather large established library and changing all the art (i currently use banners) would not be an easy feet, this is not to mention the fact that I run several XBMC endpoints with other skins (because they aren’t powerful enough to run aeon) that use the standard art sizes and completely revamping my media library's art to accommodate one skin and compromise the rest just doesn’t make any sense.

Peace,
Slice

P.S. I’ll still continue using Aeon but the TV section will just have to look like SHIT because I cannot sacrifice the establish integrity of the other XBMC boxes art for something as proprietary as this

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV show multiplex0