TV show multiplex
Would you nubs please for the love of all that is unholy and evil stop throwing around the word proprietary?
If you don't like the way Aeon works you have two options: 1. Don't use it 2. Fix it yourself with a mod.
Djh isn't forcing you to do a damn thing, you're the ones who are using the skin..
hikaricore Wrote:Would you nubs please for the love of all that is unholy and evil stop throwing around the word proprietary?
If you don't like the way Aeon works you have two options: 1. Don't use it 2. Fix it yourself with a mod.
Djh isn't forcing you to do a damn thing, you're the ones who are using the skin..

I was trying to find a way to say that without sounding quite as angry, but your way works just fine Smile
I'm not trying to be a dick but this guys keeps posting all over the place bitching about banners not being supported.
In the whole of the 3 people who care about what he has to say you'd think one of them could muster up the brainpower to tinker around with a xml formated text file.
hikaricore Wrote:Would you nubs please for the love of all that is unholy and evil stop throwing around the word proprietary?
Dam right i personally love the new views at least djh is trying to do something totally different. if you must use wide banners then either do as hikaricore states fix it yourself or go back to one of the old outdated skins. or you could of course nag him to death with requests for banner support but like it or lump it he will just ignore youRolleyes
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Kinda echoing what others have said; if you don't like it, don't use it. The skin is still in development. The options can still be added down the road but djh has other things of higher priority. If you are that adamant about it, go learn how to do it yourself. All the code is in front of you already. Don't act entitled to an option/feature in a product someone else created and released for free. It gets irritating reading these complaints, and I'm just a user. No wonder djh is staying away from the forums

Again, if you don't like it, don't use it.
paul Wrote:Dam right i personally love the new views at least djh is trying to do something totally different. if you must use wide banners then either do as hikaricore states fix it yourself or go back to one of the old outdated skins. or you could of course nag him to death with requests for banner support but like it or lump it he will just ignore youRolleyes

Banners? I don't care about banners, I like Posters aka DVD Covers.

you know what is kind of hilarous?
look here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49761, now look where all the url are pointing to http://www.thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/

the irony Rofl
Big Grin 
paul Wrote:Dam right i personally love the new views at least djh is trying to do something totally different. if you must use wide banners then either do as hikaricore states fix it yourself or go back to one of the old outdated skins. or you could of course nag him to death with requests for banner support but like it or lump it he will just ignore youRolleyes

as i said in a previous post in another thread

slicemaster Wrote:since it is unlikely that those in control of this projust will accept banner size art in the sidescroller of the TV view i wold like to learn a little about modifying these parimiters myself. with regards to implementing this type of functionality myself, could some one point to the the correct XML that dictates this perimeter (size of the landscape art in the TV view sidescroller) as well as the section of the XML. thanks

i would like to learn how to do this type of stuff by myself, that is why i asked someone to point me in the right direction.
nekrosoft13 Wrote:not sure if he means the samething

but here is stark

and Auriga

How can I get DVD Covers back?

I wasnt talking DVD covers, but actually the banners that can be found on theTVDB.com website. They are "banners", so they are long and thin horizonally. Mediastream skin has a view called "wide" that allows for the full banner to be shown. Aeon Auriga doesnt have this capability and it would be great if if did.
jondr13 Wrote:I wasnt talking DVD covers, but actually the banners that can be found on theTVDB.com website. They are "banners", so they are long and thin horizonally. Mediastream skin has a view called "wide" that allows for the full banner to be shown. Aeon Auriga doesnt have this capability and it would be great if if did.
Then go use mediastream or write a mod to do it in Auriga i'm sure it can be done if you want it bad enough. i used to prefer them myself but i soon got to prefer the overal look of Auriga.Smile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV show multiplex0