• 17(current)
Universal Media Companion, (a unified media manager), who wants to help code this?
LastMile Wrote:You can visit thetvdb.com and add/edit the shows yourself Smile

Great tip.

For the record i do add info to thetvdb on shows i watch or even some stupid reality shows my girlfriend watches. Problem is when i'm out for a week or so and and her show isnt even on the list. Then she doesnt even know its there.

So i'm very impatiently waiting for this app to be released. IF i understand it correctly , i'll be able to automate scanning my TV shows folder every XX minutes/hours... if Show info is on thetvdb.com great , it'll scrape info from there and XBMC will pick it up, if not , UMX will make standard formated XML file derived from file name and then again XBMC will pick up generated nfo file and show will appear in TV SHOWS section.

This is gonna be as fool proof as it gets. At last nothing will be missing from library , in worst case some odd files will appear that can easily be removed or deleted.
wally007 Wrote:Great tip.

For the record i do add info to thetvdb on shows i watch or even some stupid reality shows my girlfriend watches. Problem is when i'm out for a week or so and and her show isnt even on the list. Then she doesnt even know its there.

So i'm very impatiently waiting for this app to be released. IF i understand it correctly , i'll be able to automate scanning my TV shows folder every XX minutes/hours... if Show info is on thetvdb.com great , it'll scrape info from there and XBMC will pick it up, if not , UMX will make standard formated XML file derived from file name and then again XBMC will pick up generated nfo file and show will appear in TV SHOWS section.

This is gonna be as fool proof as it gets. At last nothing will be missing from library , in worst case some odd files will appear that can easily be removed or deleted.

that's the idea .. as well as letting you enter in the details if you want, and hopefully as some point, enter details in UMM and have that data sent to tvdb (or other sites), but that's in the future (auto adding to remote sites) and needs a well defined process that hasn't been started.

You also can update details for those where not found by a scraper (or multiple scrapers if configured as such), and since the source of the info is stored in UMM's database, it'll be easy to say show me episodes that no scrapers found data (or images/whatever) and have been scanned in the last xx days.

I'm sorting though the mess of images for tv shows at the moment. Trying to get the defaults setup that cover most images names/ locations for xbmc and other apps. (UMM is designed for multiple media center support as well)
fekker Wrote:You also can update details for those where not found by a scraper (or multiple scrapers if configured as such), and since the source of the info is stored in UMM's database, it'll be easy to say show me episodes that no scrapers found data (or images/whatever) and have been scanned in the last xx days.

Sounds good BUT will it automaticly make "show_name_S01E01.nfo" when it finds file "show_name_S01E01.avi" EVEN when no scraper returns any hits ? I hate it when thetvdb.com is down for couple of days ( or my internet connection ) and i cant add anything to TV library. I know if there's no hit , scraper cant get actor info, episode synopsis etc , but UMM CAN still make default nfo with show name, season number and episode number.
wally007 Wrote:Sounds good BUT will it automaticly make "show_name_S01E01.nfo" when it finds file "show_name_S01E01.avi" EVEN when no scraper returns any hits ? I hate it when thetvdb.com is down for couple of days ( or my internet connection ) and i cant add anything to TV library. I know if there's no hit , scraper cant get actor info, episode synopsis etc , but UMM CAN still make default nfo with show name, season number and episode number.

Yes, if you tell it to make the .nfo file it will make it with whatever information it has.

These for sure are already available.
TV Show Title (from tv show folder)
Season and Episode Number (parsed from file name)

i.e. Fringe - Season 12 Episode 99 as the episode name in the nfo file

(to give ya a visual - running under winders, ignore the UI itself, that's my dev test form)
fekker Wrote:Yes, if you tell it to make the .nfo file it will make it with whatever information it has.

These for sure are already available.
TV Show Title (from tv show folder)
Season and Episode Number (parsed from file name)

i.e. Fringe - Season 12 Episode 99 as the episode name in the nfo file

Very nice. Thanks for taking your time to explain.
Hey fekker,

i wanted to ask or look how progress is going but your UMX forum isnt working ( Sql error ). Any news ?

thanks
wally007 Wrote:Hey fekker,

i wanted to ask or look how progress is going but your UMX forum isnt working ( Sql error ). Any news ?

thanks

It's coming along Big Grin There's alot to do, but it's getting there. No eta on the next pre-alpha core test, if all goes well it should be this weekend (ish) to test more of the core movie functions, and maybe the some of the tv items if they are ready.

I've put in a ticket with the web host to fix the mysql server (It looks like the mysql connection limit is being reached and causing a bunch of issues on the site).
fekker Wrote:It's coming along Big Grin There's alot to do, but it's getting there. No eta on the next pre-alpha core test, if all goes well it should be this weekend (ish) to test more of the core movie functions, and maybe the some of the tv items if they are ready.

I've put in a ticket with the web host to fix the mysql server (It looks like the mysql connection limit is being reached and causing a bunch of issues on the site).

Cool , thanks. I was just worried by lack of any updates here on the forums and your forum being down that developers think there's no demand for this app. I have love-hate relationship with XBMC library and UMX app sounds like it'll make hate word go away.

Thanks for the update !
The lack of info is making me use my imagination to hype it up... in my mind it's going to be the best thing ever.

Smile
build 2, rev 236 is up for those that signed up for testing

There are still spots open if you would like to help test out the core components, just post in the forums and we can add you to the list, it's not for the faint at heart, it's complicated and not straightforward and requires you to think.
Is there a mac build fro testing? I'll go sign up if there is!
clock2113 Wrote:Is there a mac build fro testing? I'll go sign up if there is!

yes, umm works under linux, osx, and windows
you'll need mono 2.4.2.3 installed, additional details are in the test forum (on the teamumx site)
fekker Wrote:build 2, rev 236 is up for those that signed up for testing

There are still spots open if you would like to help test out the core components, just post in the forums and we can add you to the list, it's not for the faint at heart, it's complicated and not straightforward and requires you to think.

fekker , which parts you're testing and HOW complicated ? I've just gotten horrible job which requires me to work 14 hours a day so i cant spend too much time on it but i'd love to help with tv show portion and with automation component. My server is on Windows xp tho. (i'll switch to Ubuntu once they release final build of 9.10 )
wally007 Wrote:fekker , which parts you're testing and HOW complicated ? I've just gotten horrible job which requires me to work 14 hours a day so i cant spend too much time on it but i'd love to help with tv show portion and with automation component. My server is on Windows xp tho. (i'll switch to Ubuntu once they release final build of 9.10 )

currently testing movie core items and scraping, also tv show reading (but not scraping via the ui yet).

the server and remote clients work, it's a test form and not feature complete

for me it all makes sense Big Grin if your smart enough to ask, you'll be fine.
I can't register on your forum. Gives me the following error when I try to log in:

Code:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /home/content/s/p/u/spudsdude/html/teamumx/libraries/openid/Auth/OpenID/Consumer.php on line 166: require_once(Auth/OpenID.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Auth/OpenID.php' (include_path='/home/content/s/p/u/spudsdude/html/teamumx/libraries/openid//home/content/s/p/u/spudsdude/html/teamumx') in /home/content/s/p/u/spudsdude/html/teamumx/libraries/openid/Auth/OpenID/Consumer.php on line 166
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Media Companion, (a unified media manager), who wants to help code this?3