rUNKNOWN
I've googled it, I've searched the forum and I still can't figure out how to get the version info to show the build #
One of my users told me to run guilib/update_svn_rev.bat but although it runs, it still shows as rUNKNOWN. Reading the bat file is all that is missing is the "ChangeLog.txt" File? and if so, is it the same format as Linux/OS X?

Am I missing some really simple thing? It doesn't do this with my Linux/OS X/Win32 builds, they all show proper r19xxx but Xbox not so good Sad

I CAN add it manually to svn_rev.h but its a pain.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Craig
No matter, I just modified my build script to recreate the svn_rev.h file to include the proper build #. All is good now.
Or install SlikSVN and make sure the svn binary is available from your path ;-)
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
arnova Wrote:Or install SlikSVN and make sure the svn binary is available from your path ;-)

I'm too lazy lol. I've already over the course of the last few years come up with a pretty good build script and have used TortoiseSVN forever. Thanks for the heads up though, when I get a little more energy I may look into using a command line app and automating even more Smile But for now, adding a few lines to my build script does the trick and doesn't require any extra input or effort on my side
Again, this will be a big help to me keeping straight what build I'm actually using on that particular day.Nod
set a path to subwcrev.exe in your settings in VS.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
And don't forget to compile for release or release_LTCG
TheQuestor Wrote:But for now, adding a few lines to my build script does the trick and doesn't require any extra input or effort on my side

Please, could you explain how did you do it?
Thanks in advance!
bardenas Wrote:Please, could you explain how did you do it?
Thanks in advance!
I added the following to mybuild.bat, which is just a modified version of the one that comes with the svn.

Code:
echo #ifndef __SVN_REV__H__ > xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h
echo #define __SVN_REV__H__>> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h
echo. >> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h  
echo /* >> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h
echo *      Copyright (C) 2005-2008 Team XBMC >> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h
echo  *      http://www.xbmc.org >> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h
echo  * >> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h
echo  *  This Program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify >> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h
echo  *  it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by >> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h
echo  *  the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) >> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h
echo  *  any later version. >> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h
echo  *
echo  *  This Program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, >> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h
echo  *  but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of >> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h
echo  *  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the >> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h
echo  *  GNU General Public License for more details. >> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h
echo  *  You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License >> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h
echo  *  along with XBMC; see the file COPYING.  If not, write to >> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h
echo  *  the Free Software Foundation, 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. >> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h
echo  *  http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html >> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h
echo  */ >> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h
echo.  >> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h
echo #define SVN_REV   "%1" >> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h
echo #define SVN_DATE  "UNKNOWN" >> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h
echo.  >> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h
echo #endif >> xbmc\xbox\svn_rev.h

Basically it just re-writes the svn_rev.h file on each nightly build, it takes the %1 from my build link which is
Code:
D:\XBMC\trunk\xbmc\MyBuild.bat 19913

That why it gets rid of the rUNKNOWN Smile I've not changed the "SVN_DATE since it doesn't seem to affect anything at this time.

Hope it helps
arnova Wrote:And don't forget to compile for release or release_LTCG

Should I build for LTCG instead of the standard build?
I "thought" that the LTCG building was going to result in smaller code, but when I finished it, it was 15 megs LARGER. What's that about?
Rather sounds like you accidently build a debug binary. It really gives a smaller binary. Are you sure you've used the build_ltcg.bat script?
arnova Wrote:Rather sounds like you accidently build a debug binary. It really gives a smaller binary. Are you sure you've used the build_ltcg.bat script?

Yup. I've ran it more than once, and each time the resulting rar is almost 15 megs larger than my normal build script. I copied the Build.LTCG.bat and did a couple mods [basically adding a way to auto gen the rar file to my naming and updating the svn_rev.h.

And I have found the difference. For some reason mybuild.bat doesn't copy the PM3.HD theme into the archive, but the LTCG does, the size of the actual default.xbe is a "tad" smaller. as in standard build = 8,286,208 and the LTCG = 8,146,944.

Now I have to see why mybuild [which is just a slightly modded Build.bat that ships with svn] doesn't include the PM3.HD theme Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
rUNKNOWN0