XBMC 9.04 'Babylon' released, ready for download (Discussion)
SSchocke Wrote:I downloaded and installed RC1 of babylon... is there any reason I should have to go to the final release, or are they pretty much the same?

More recent is ALWAYS better. I have no specifics though.
any chance to have a source tarball? or any way source svn moved in a branch folder, so i'm sure i'm downloading the stable version and not the new development release?

thanks

---edit...

my bad, you did right? should be here:

http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x...in32/XBMC/
BIG thanx to all! especially Arnova for looking after my ever faithful XBOX Big Grin
Thanks! Great Job
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
Yea, thanx for a great player! Smile
Still No Xbox release in the t3ch site Sad
http://www.linux-magazine.com/online/new...dia_center
and
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ne...&px=NzI0OA

Big Grin
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
come on t3ch - our xbox's are screaming out for this!!!!!
I really don't think there was any major changes from the xbox release of RC1 to the Stable Babylon release. Also, I'm pretty sure T3ch is not active on these forums since the releases are discussed over at xbox-scene. Even if so, posts like that would not speed up the process I'm sure. Just please be patient so to not give us xbox user a bad name.
Hi,

I install the new version on Hardy, but I don't find any modification. May anyone point me some of the great feature ? or everything is under the hood ?

Regards,
I wonder if there will come a 9.04 source tarball on sourceforge download section. There was one for 8.10. Needed to add xbmc-9.04 in gentoos official portage.
Can you not just checkout directly from the tag? If not, I'm sure someone will do up a tar ball for you.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I had time to play with this last night and even on Xbox its EXCELLENT! its smooth and responsive... I cant find anything (that I use) that doesnt work effortlessly.

Thanks again Arnova and the Team! appreciate it!
Have a question, has anything changed on how files are moved into the library?

Only asking because my files are all ISO's. Loaded the final release of Babylon and something is happening that wasnt before. I have several movies that I have 2 ISO files for that movie....basically the first disc and second disc....of course more if multiple discs. My file structure is like this

Transformers
- Transformers.bluray.iso
- TransformersBonus.bluray.iso

Before, when I Set Contents under the Video menu, that would automatically put both files in the library under Movies with no problem. Now when I do the same thing only the first file shows up. Doesnt matter what movie it is, its only the first file. I also tried going to Movie Information in Videos to scan in the info, etc....still no go. I have turned stacking on and off under Videos to see if that works (even though I was told that ISO's are not stacked in the library)

Doesnt make any sense to me because Im doing the exact same thing as I did previously. Am I missing something or overlooking something?? Re-read the online manual as well and still stumped on whats going on.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide
jmarshall Wrote:Can you not just checkout directly from the tag? If not, I'm sure someone will do up a tar ball for you.

Wonderfull... And thanks for the quick uploading of the tarball. But... As gentoo is a source based system and their is such wonderfull thing as portage (what i am about to say counts for other distros as well) it would be nice if you could use some kind of standard naming for you source packages.

It used to be XBMC-8.10.src.tar.gz and now with babylon it changed to XBMC_9.04_Babylon-linux-osx-win32.tar.bz2 . It would be nice though if you guys keep it standard eg. XBMC-9.04.src.tar.gz So less changes are needed in source based distros when a new release arrives Smile

Spank you very much Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 9.04 'Babylon' released, ready for download (Discussion)3