Idea for showing more info in showcase view
Just had this idea and wanted to see what others think (and if anyone would be interested in helping code it). What if after you hovered on the same movie in showcase for a few seconds (or on a button press), the media flag icons rotated with icons for runtime, year, rating, maybe even black-and-white png images of actors like the Wall Street Journal renderings (ok maybe that one is a bit too much). Also, the area where the movie title is displayed could scroll the plot or just show the tagline. This way, I think, you are able to see more information in showcase without interfering with the overall presentation and layout and without further obscuring the fanart.

Thoughts?
In my opinion this is a bit of an overkill. I will really like to see additional info like runtime or available audio languages, but if you start to rotate the icons I think it would be easy to loose the overview.

Furthermore I think that the space where the movie title shows sometimes is already to small for the title itself (Lord of the Rings etc) I think it would become a pain to try to display the tagline or even the whole plot.

But that's just my opinion. Only thing I would appreciate about showcase few is that names start scrolling if they are longer than the available space. Atm they just show the usual "..." at the end and you never get to see the rest of the title.
Montellese Wrote:But that's just my opinion. Only thing I would appreciate about showcase few is that names start scrolling if they are longer than the available space. Atm they just show the usual "..." at the end and you never get to see the rest of the title.

Right, I needed to achieve the same result. It was easy.
I just had to add this tag:

Code:
<scroll>true</scroll>

in Viewtype_showcase.xml, precisely here:

Code:
<include name="ShowcaseMainLabel">
    <include>ShowcaseLabelVars</include>
        <posx>340</posx>
        <posy>693</posy>
        <width>600</width>
        <font>Font_ShowcaseMainLabel</font>
        <textcolor>d01a1a1c</textcolor>
    <visible>!ControlGroup(7000).HasFocus()</visible>    
    [b]<scroll>true</scroll>[/b]
        <animation effect="slide" end="0,-11" time="200" condition="[!Control.IsVisible(72) | IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(72))] | Window.IsActive(24)">Conditional</animation>
</include>

and here:

Code:
<include name="ShowcaseMainLabelWide">
    <include>ShowcaseLabelVars</include>
        <posx>200</posx>
        <posy>693</posy>
        <width>880</width>
        <font>Font_ShowcaseMainLabel</font>
        <textcolor>d01a1a1c</textcolor>
    <visible>!ControlGroup(7000).HasFocus()</visible>
    [b]<scroll>true</scroll>[/b]
        <animation effect="slide" end="0,-11" time="200" condition="[!Control.IsVisible(72) | IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(72))] | Window.IsActive(24)">Conditional</animation>
</include>

Please note that I AM NOT using the latest auriga update: I still miss the 'Night/Light' theme switch, so it could be slightly different if that xml section was updated in the meanwhile.

I also added the scrolling in multiplex view, because the label font there is much bigger, therefore title clipping appears much more often.
Thanks a lot for that one.
I will try it at home and post back if my XML looks slightly different.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Idea for showing more info in showcase view0