MKV's stopping and higher cpu util in babylon?
Just curious if babylon uses more CPU out of the box. The reason I ask is because under atlantis, I could run upto 15MB x264 stream on my rig (core 2 duo 3ghz) with no frame drops and cpu's around 70-80%. Those same MKV's under babylon are dropping about 100-200 frames every 5 minutes or so. At present I have a question in the hardware decode thread to see if anyone knows is the geforce 7xxx cards will be supported, if not I'll just buy an 8xxx or newer card and offload the decoding but I'm curious as to what changed. I also tried applying runtimes settings with no luck.

I'm also having an issue with MKV's randomly stopping. I've attached a full debug log here:
http://pastebin.com/m61e2f061
I trimmed out the library update stuff as pastebin said it was too big with that in.

Highlights are:
at 9:41:59 I start playing Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist, it's a 1080p MKV, looks to average between 12-15mb stream.

then at 9:46:50 I start geting these:
INFO: ffmpeg: [matroska] Unknown entry 0x3939BD
and then playback stops. These same MKV's play fine within vlc player, and I get this error on just about every 1080p mkv I play, whether created by me or someone else.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Oops...wrong forum. Mods can you move to live and/or linux forum please? I'm running the live version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MKV's stopping and higher cpu util in babylon?0