Compiling XBMC on Fedora 11 beta (rawhide)
Haggy Wrote:Have you tried xbmc-svn from the AUR? It compiles fine with GCC 4.4 and even 64bit. Have a look at my sig.

tried it with the svn tip right now, same errors. I've had gcc 4.4 ever since it was in testing, and I have managed to compile xbmc with gcc 4.4 before, though it is quite possible that make was picking up stuff from ccache then.
Just google the error gcc spits you. There are plenty of mailing list posts about it.
anish Wrote:tried it with the svn tip right now, same errors. I've had gcc 4.4 ever since it was in testing, and I have managed to compile xbmc with gcc 4.4 before, though it is quite possible that make was picking up stuff from ccache then.
Yeah exactly the same for me. Sorry for pointing you in the wrong direction. After removing ccache i also hit this issue.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
althekiller Wrote:Just google the error gcc spits you. There are plenty of mailing list posts about it.

I did, otherwise i wouldn't even know about that double cast thingy. Unfortunately i found no further useful infos, at least none that's xbmc specific. If you say double cast, then what would the second cast be? i doubt it's also (void*)

EDIT: Forget it. I'm seriosly dumb, blind or both. The exact error message lead me to something actually useful - and i'm SURE that was not there yesterday Smile
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Update: I have managed to come up with a patch which fixes these issues.
It's attached here: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6627

Maybe a dev will approve and commit it to the main branch.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compiling XBMC on Fedora 11 beta (rawhide)0