[RELEASE] Quick Thumbnail Generator Tool (for Linux, Mac, and Windows)
z][ggy;351511 Wrote:I must be doing something wrong the old one did work for me but when I use 1.2 the dos box loads for one second then goes and does nothing if i drop a folder onto the *.exe it just creates the extrathumbs folder but no thumbs
I had the same problem. Now I use all the files from 1.2 but the .exe is from version 1.1. I get different screenshots at least Rolleyes
i really don't know for some reason it's just not working at all now lol

*** sorted now lol***
Hey Webmosher.....Thank you very much for putting this together! It's working really well and will definitely save me hours and hours of time. Great work!!!!
The timeout isn't working for me - it just gets stuck looking for a single thumb.
timeout not effective there but else it works like a charm, good image from the movie.
launched on my sd directory, at 13h45 and now, 10h later, it still working Big Grin
i have 9extrathumb in each movie he has done, and it's still doing a good job, just take time Big Grin
Okay, I will try retesting the timeout problems again this week. Maybe the build script somehow missed the Win32 libraries its supposed to package. I'll also retest the imagemagick integration. I found I have all the DLL's installed from using MIP, so I thought I didn't have to include them.

Thanks for your input,
Fred
Hi.

Program works great. (win7-64 bits).
The only thing is, its a little rigid when it comes to overwriting. Either do, or don't.
What if an option was to just fill in the blanks?

You have maybe 1 or 2 thumbs, but want to fill up (For slideshow MOD), OR you have looked through and deleted all the bad ones.
So, the program would test if thumb(x) was there, and if not fill in, and skip the ones already there up to 9 (or whatever is in the config file).

An element of randomness would of course also need to be introduced in such a scenario, since the program keeps making the exact same thumbs everytime, unless you change the config file.

Just a suggestion....

Keep up the great work!

PS! I have MIP installed too, but still get the picture is too black loop.

/om
oleroc Wrote:You have maybe 1 or 2 thumbs, but want to fill up (For slideshow MOD), OR you have looked through and deleted all the bad ones.
So, the program would test if thumb(x) was there, and if not fill in, and skip the ones already there up to 9 (or whatever is in the config file).
Just a suggestion....
And a very good one in my opinion and would be most welcome.
This is a great script!!

Somebody, please make it sticky!!
how does this work with .mkvs? I get a FFMPeg error
is there an OSX equivalent or port of this program?
I get an ffmpeg error 1 on each avi file, any ideas?
May be a good soft, but I tried it on several files, and it NEVER worked !
I tried several values as the black treshold, anyway, it drops all the pics it makes because it's too black, even if the pics are very lightened !
I tried on windows 7 and directly on my windows home server....
very strange
kodi user since XBMP !
Imaginos Wrote:May be a good soft, but I tried it on several files, and it NEVER worked !
I tried several values as the black treshold, anyway, it drops all the pics it makes because it's too black, even if the pics are very lightened !
I tried on windows 7 and directly on my windows home server....
very strange

Hi.
I had the same problem. Just turn off checking, and 90 % of the stills will be fine. I increased number off stills to 29, and just browsed through them and deleted the ones that are bad.
I would recommend using total commander for easy rename of thumbs after deleting. (Just ctrl+a, ctrl+M and enter, and they are renamed 1-xx after setting up the parameters)

/Ole Martin
woop woop woop just got this to run under Linux never thought that I would be able to that's for the hard work, script works great Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Quick Thumbnail Generator Tool (for Linux, Mac, and Windows)2