Why xbmc resize the the fanart and backdrops?
This is my question, why resize the thumbs?
In imdb looks like more resolution than in the xbmc.
Its posible to change it?
And its possible to put aeon skin in 1080p?
READ... before you post. thank you, come again.
The Transforminators HD Movie Trailer
- from the creators of Terminator and Transformers -
I read this earlier and just couldn't be bothered to respond.
Looks like you upset the locals Smile

Not to worry though, all they are saying is please read the online manual and some of the guides for the Aeon skin etc. They will answer your questions in great detail and most likely will provide you with a lot more knowledge then you ever hoped for. By that time you will start asking questions that will cause them to actually answer your questions in a slightly more constructive way. :o
It should be rather obvious to most folks....

The need to optimise the resolution of thumbs is because thumbs are designed to be displayed 'en mass' (many on a page) and displaying them ALL at full resolution is a) not possible, since one full height poster is higher resolution than even 1080p (a typical poster is already 1500 so you'd not get many to a page)... furthermore, in order to display thumbs rapidly in a smooth manner, some optimisation MUST happen.... hence they are downscaled to a size that is manageable for most HTPC's.

The source images are NOT resized... only the 'cache' of them is resized. Also... some skins (such as Aeon) have allowed for hi-res artwork when the user wishes to see detailed information about a movie (the user isn't rapidly scrolling through a list of movies). However, they still need to downsize in order to display multiple images on the screen (i.e. Showcase view).

This isn't rocket science.... if an image is 1500 pixels high... it's not going to fit on a 1080p screen is it?
thank you for your reply. I have to say that I have read the online manual and dont find the reply anywhere.
So I understand that its normal that the poster (or thumb)of a movie is lower resolution and this is because the aeon skin make it?
and, it make the same to de backdrops? or only with the fanart?
billy21 Wrote:thank you for your reply. I have to say that I have read the online manual and dont find the reply anywhere.
So I understand that its normal that the poster (or thumb)of a movie is lower resolution and this is because the aeon skin make it?
and, it make the same to de backdrops? or only with the fanart?

No, it's not because of Aeon...

Usually all the 'work' is down in the XBMC engine (not the skin). XBMC engine gathers all the thumbs and fanart and does the caching / resizing. The resizing is usually only for thumbs... since these are usually smaller than the full screen, where as fanart is meant to be full screen and usually desirable to keep resolution. However, IF the fanart is bigger then 1920x1080 then is HAS to be downsized in order to display it, and if the fanart size is small than the screen resolution, it's upscaled to fill the whole screen.

Aeon (a skin) in the past had to make some workarounds to allow posters to be displayed at a high res (since the engine didn't allow this). This has now been fixed.

So... the XBMC engine is responsible for gathering all the artwork, caching / resizing etc. The skin is responsible for rendering that artwork in a nice way to the end user (asking for the art FROM the XBMC engine).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why xbmc resize the the fanart and backdrops?0