How to play a data DVD with video files?
I can't seem to find a way to do it and I can't find anything in the forums...

When I put a DVD inside the drive, which is a data DVD with a bunch of directories/files, I get the "play disc" menu option (using Aeon). I press that button and after a while the following message shows up:
"ERROR: Playlist Playback Aborted"

What does it mean exactly?

Is there a way to make "play disc" show a file browser with the DVD contents so I can select the video file to play? If possible, without adding a video source to the videos section. I just want to show it when I press "play disc" and that is only when a DVD/CD is inserted.
Nazgulled Wrote:I can't seem to find a way to do it and I can't find anything in the forums...

When I put a DVD inside the drive, which is a data DVD with a bunch of directories/files, I get the "play disc" menu option (using Aeon). I press that button and after a while the following message shows up:
"ERROR: Playlist Playback Aborted"

What does it mean exactly?

Is there a way to make "play disc" show a file browser with the DVD contents so I can select the video file to play? If possible, without adding a video source to the videos section. I just want to show it when I press "play disc" and that is only when a DVD/CD is inserted.

navigate to the dvd disk and play the content directly. "play disk" assumes that the dvd is authored with a proper DVD with video_ts and ifo files.
Disks with pictures on them seem to play OK from the play disc part. I think disks with one video data file paly ok too. This is just from memory though.
davilla Wrote:navigate to the dvd disk and play the content directly.
What you're saying is to "add as source" to the videos section? If so, I wanted to avoid that, but if there's no other way...

Maybe it would be nice for XBMC to recognize if it's a DVD-Video or just a DVD with a bunch of files and if it's the later one, just browse them without having the need to create a source for that...

Don't you agree it would be better?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to play a data DVD with video files?0