Can't figure it out
Ok... Both on mac and windows (VISTA) I can't the multiplex to work. I downloaded latest versions of both Aeon and XBMC, but still nothing... GRR, can anybody point me in the right direction? I thought it had something todo with the Name of the folder in which I place all the Aeon downloaded files, but whatever name I give in here, still no Multiplex. All the others work like a charm (list, wall, showcase and panel).
Now I am here, let's ask another question which came up on this thread. What is meaning of having both a movies and videos category in the main menu? I don't get it. What are they both meant for?

Thanks in advance.

rausch101 Wrote:Thanks for the reply stoli. That didn't turn out to be the problem, but I did figure it out.

I had accidentally renamed stark to auriga at some point and kept incorrectly renaming it. Ugh. Multiplex looks great.
wilco78 Wrote:Ok... Both on mac and windows (VISTA) I can't the multiplex to work. I downloaded latest versions of both Aeon and XBMC, but still nothing... GRR, can anybody point me in the right direction? I thought it had something todo with the Name of the folder in which I place all the Aeon downloaded files, but whatever name I give in here, still no Multiplex. All the others work like a charm (list, wall, showcase and panel).
Now I am here, let's ask another question which came up on this thread. What is meaning of having both a movies and videos category in the main menu? I don't get it. What are they both meant for?

Thanks in advance.

hopefully i can help in my own Thread... =)

When I couldn't get multiplex it was because I was in the Videos section in the home screen. In Videos, multiplex isn't an option. Go into Movies from the home screen and see if you can get multiplex. Silly, but that's what got it for me.
garyi Wrote:Drebon, consider the movives section the reporotory for your sources (I think they should rename it personally)

Then your movies is the library for movies, tv shows library for tv etc.

The reason some of your movies show in videos but not movies is that they have not scraped correctly. Is the ts folder named properly with the name of the movie followed by the date it was released?

Do this and 9 times out of 10 it will be picked up.

Well, 99% of my movies are stored like this:

Movies\Movie Name\Video_TS

and most of those get picked up.

Problem are the ones that are stored like this:

Movies\Movie Name\Movie Name.avi

seems like that should be easier for xmbc to pick up. Any special trick to force the scraper into a folder or any other setting I should look into?

thanks!!
Replied to the wrong thread. Damn this headache. *blinks*
still can't figure it out...this movie just is not getting picked up by XBMC. I believe it's the only one and I can't figure out how it is any different than the ones that have been picked up.

Movie Folder\Movie Name\Movie Name.avi

checked the .nfo, pics are right...everything looks good. It just doesn't get picked up by XBMC.

I even set "Look to Folder Names" which added a few but didn't add this specific one.

any idea??
You could set the content type of the folder with all your movies to "none" (press "c" when you have the folder selected) and answer the question "remove alle content from database" with yes. After that, re-apply the right settings and rearch for new content again... Maybe that helps?

BTW, I still can't see anything that says multiplex, not in movies section, not in video's section, nowhere... Do you have to view with library mode on or off, are there any other things I should know about / things I might have forgotten?

dreborn Wrote:still can't figure it out...this movie just is not getting picked up by XBMC. I believe it's the only one and I can't figure out how it is any different than the ones that have been picked up.

checked the .nfo, pics are right...everything looks good. It just doesn't get picked up by XBMC.

I even set "Look to Folder Names" which added a few but didn't add this specific one.

any idea??
im pretty sure library mode has to be turned on...i think

if i were u, i would back up your XBMC settings (if you care about any) and delete all the Aeon skins. Also, i would completely uninstall xbmc if i were u.

Redownload the latest version of xbmc (and download the xbmc updater just to make sure you have latest version), then download Auriga from here: http://github.com/djh/aeon/tree/auriga

try a fresh clean install of both with no settings.

Boot up xbmc, choose Aeon as your skin, set your video source path, set the content, then go into your Movies section and see if Multiplex is still gone
dreborn Wrote:still can't figure it out...this movie just is not getting picked up by XBMC. I believe it's the only one and I can't figure out how it is any different than the ones that have been picked up.

any idea??

This is probably realy stupid but have you tried to delete ALL the files BUT the movie file and re-done it with MIP?
This has happened to me a few times and when I´ve re-done them they all have seemed to work, (once I had to make a new folder elsewhere but the usual (E:/movies/-= 4 nfo=-/movie-name/movie-name.mvp. wich is where MIP is scanning before I put each movie in the right folder) Using a different location have a some points solved the issue, which is the main point... Smile

Sincerly

//Talle

any idea??

This is probably realy stupid but have you tried to delete ALL the files BUT the movie file and re-done it with MIP?
This has happened to me a few times and when I´ve re-done them they all have seemed to work, (once I had to make a new folder elsewhere but the usual (E:/movies/-= 4 nfo=-/movie-name/movie-name.mvp. wich is where MIP is scanning before I put each movie in the right folder) Using a different location have a some points solved the issue, which is the main point... Smile

Sincerly

//Talle

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't figure it out0