(Mac) Skipping frames playing 1080p
I have a Vizio VO32L Lcd tv. Yesterday I tried to play a 1080p mkv movie and it was skipping frames a lot, I guess thats what its called.

My macbook is connected to my tv using dvi-hdmi and I have set the resolution of the tv to 1900x1080 interlaced, the highest my tv can do. Does anyone know why this is happening, what can be done to make it play smooth.
I don't have skips at 1680*1050 on my C2D 2.4 Ghz MB. Did you try closing the macbook, connect it to the turned off TV, Power on TV. that wakes up the MacBook without opening it, and you have one screen, one resolution to manage.
I did try playing a 720p and it plays fine, but the 1080p skips a lot. Also the my earlier resolution was wrong I have set it to 1920x1080 interlaced. Could it be that my tv is native 720p.
Here is the file info:
RESOLUTION.....: 1920x816
BITRATE........: 12.3 Mbps
FRAMERATE......: 23.976 fps

Also when I play a movie in xbmc to get rid of the black bars I always change the video from normal which creates black bars on top and bottom to 16:9 stretch so that the entire tv screen fills up. I don't know if that has anything to do.

what do you guys think.

I will try closing the macbook and connecting it, just to see if it makes a difference but I would like to have my xbmc running in the tv and be able to use my macbook.
see this post -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47124

you need to provide more info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Mac) Skipping frames playing 1080p0