Trouble fully populating the movie section
I seem to be getting only about a third of my movies to show up in the movie section in Aeon Auriga which I downloaded on May 8th. Stark has the same problem. If I go to the video section they are all there, and they are all there in other skins also, just not in the movie section.
My movies are in a folder named movies, that I have pointed XBMC too. I don't see any difference in the file setup from the ones that do show up to the ones that don't.
Movies/28 Days Later/28 Days Later.avi - shows up
Movies/28 Weeks Later/28 Weeks Later.avi - doesn't
I am running this on windows, and pretty much all the computers that I stream to show the same thing.

Any help is greatly appreciated or if more info on my part is needed, just ask.

Thanks
First off, if this is not confined to Aeon, what is this doing in the Aeon section? (You are lucky if anyone that knows anything looks in here).

That being said, please consider the debug log requirement:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post233507
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
yeah .. this should be moved

2nd .. do you have nfo files inside the dir with the avi ?? even a simple text file movie.nfo with one line (the url link) should suffice and fix your problem prolly
sho Wrote:(You are lucky if anyone that knows anything looks in here).

Yea we're all noobs. ^_^
It is strictly confined to Aeon. All the files have been scraped in MIP or the native scrapers in other skins. I will read up on the debug log and try to post one.
As I said, my movies show up in both the skins that came with XBMC, but I don't have just a movie tab in those, so maybe if I did they wouldn't show up. I will look and see.
hikaricore Wrote:Yea we're all noobs. ^_^
Well, I have yet to see a non dev analysing a debug log.

Dissecting what you said:
"and they are all there in other skins also, just not in the movie section."
"movie section" is if I understand things correctly is Aeonism for the Library.
Then my understanding of the sentence is that they show in other skins, just not in the library.

So in other words you are telling us you have movies that show in the files section of all skins.
Those same movies are not visible in the Library when browsed in Aeon, but visible in all other skins?

(Debug log is still required)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hmmmm... You are right, I have never used the library mode in the other skins. I just checked it.
Sooooo.... this is in the wrong section, and I could make it alot clearer by going with Library population.
I am working with the debug log. I haven't done it before so I am reading up on it in between doing my honeydo list.
Thanks for setting me straight.
Okay, after trying to find my debug log I can't seem to do it. I am running windows XP on this machine and tried finding it using the wiki (\Documents and Settings\[Username]\Application Data\XBMC\) I haven't been able to locate the application data. I will try again on the comp running vista, but was wondering if it made a difference since it is one of the comps I stream to and not the media center per say.
Anyway let me try.
how do you store your movies ? it seems from your first post that you have them stored in individual directories, however did you try my suggestion ? do you have nfo files in there with the avi ? honestly for the scraper (especially if your using the imdb one, not really a fan of the tmdb one .. prolly cause i don't have experience with it and i like the votes and imdb ratings) it makes scraping 100% perfect if there is a simple movie.nfo with every avi that contains a imdb link
I store them all in a large movie file, each movie has its own file with the movie name, in that file is the AVI, MSInfo, jpeg, .tbn and whatever else MIP or the native scrapers have scraped. I don't know what else I can scrape.
Some that show up have nothing but the AVI in the file, while others that have everything don't show up in the library mode.
Pletopia - I think you are on to something. If I go in and scrape a missing one with the native scraper, it (generally though not all of them, 50/50) shows up in the library.
Thats a start. It just takes forever to do each one. When I put it to auto it starts with TV and gets stuck. (a different problem)
I am going to try to just do the movie section and see how that goes. Just wanted to say thanks for your suggestion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble fully populating the movie section0