USB LCB Photo Frame as status display?
I have not managed to find much on this.

Can anyone provide any information if a USB Photo Frame can be used as a display. I am not wanting to show video but would be happy with simple stuff like file playing/duration etc ratehr than the tiny display on my case
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
I think that you have to get something with a little more smart in it and is open for addons, like a Chumby or something similar.

Checkout:
http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=1556

Rolleyes
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have done some more research and there are some scant references to hacking a USB frame to work as a second monitor but nothing of any substance suggesting its vaporware.

There are a couple of frames that officially work as a second monitor so I will look at pricing them. The Chumby is way to expensive for the solution i was thinking.

One trick i was thinking of was having a frame with one picture. This picture would be the XBMC status display (generated somehow). With a frame refresh set as low as it goes it may be possible to have it show some interesting data such as tvshow fanart or movie cover.

This is not the slickest solution in the world but the advantage is that it could be quite simple to implement and would work with the cheapest of the cheap USB photo frames.

Opinions at this point?

maybe something like that?
http://www.mimomonitors.com/
Bye
Max
thats definitely a very sexy product.

got me thinking as well and for half the cost of that I can buy a new 15" LCD monitor. Connced by VGA is not as nice but the cost is very low.

I mocked up the smallest monitor i would find in situation with my HTPC and plasma screen.

To be honest with myself it looked extremely silly and made my HTPC look like a PC with a monitor attached to it rather than a bit of hifi kit.

So a monitor is not a viable option to tick this box.

Back to looking at the USB frame displaying a single image.

Assuming I can figure out the upload part how hard would it be to get XBMC to take the current playing movie/show and create an image that is the fanart with overlaying ep or movie name info?

I saw something about getting a digital photo frame to run Android. To me that makes a lot more sense than xbmc. Maybe not for your purposes, but just a cool idea in general anyway.
any links you have would be appreciated

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB LCB Photo Frame as status display?0