Video lag after Babylon upgrade
I'm experiencing some pretty severe video lag when watching HD content after upgrading xbmc to babylon and the launcher to 3.0. Audio seems fine but the video is completely out of sync and stutters horribly.

I am experiencing this when watching the 720p episodes of this season's 24 (1.1GB/episode). Before the update I had no problems with this content.

Any ideas to help iron this out?
tstack77 Wrote:I'm experiencing some pretty severe video lag when watching HD content after upgrading xbmc to babylon and the launcher to 3.0. Audio seems fine but the video is completely out of sync and stutters horribly.

I am experiencing this when watching the 720p episodes of this season's 24 (1.1GB/episode). Before the update I had no problems with this content.

Any ideas to help iron this out?

as always, pastebin xbmc.log and post the URL.
Thanks davilla

http://pastebin.com/m29c61edd
tstack77 Wrote:Thanks davilla

http://pastebin.com/m29c61edd

Quote:Upscale: selected algorithm 7

you have a software upscaler enabled ?
Sorry for the delay, life got in the way for a bit :o

I searched around for the software upscaler that was enabled and found, then disabled, "High quality software upscaling" under the Video setting. I then looked through the xbmc.log and still found:

62. 04:21:23 T:52248576 M: 4718592 WARNING: Upscale: selected algorithm 1

I am not sure how to fully disable the upscaler, and I still have jumpy video with audio sync issues.

The other video settings are:

Interlaced handling = bob (no option to disable)

Video scaling method = bilinear (no option to disable)

Here is the most recent xbmc.log
http://pastebin.com/m57e2262c

Thanks again for the help
stick with 8.10 .
jhillestad: That's not constructive.

Good help or no help please.

TheUni
Hello,

I also have the same problem. I can't use the 9.11 version since I get a white screen when I want to play video.

With the babylon build my video lags behind the audio, sometimes minutes! If I press o during the playing I can see that the buffering is going ok but that the playing requires 99% cpu usage.

I also tried putting a memory stick in the back of my computer (as someone said on the forums), but that doesn't work. I also wanted to change the cache settings but apperently they are removed from the babylon version.

Please help Smile
Themuzz Wrote:Hello,

I also have the same problem. I can't use the 9.11 version since I get a white screen when I want to play video.

With the babylon build my video lags behind the audio, sometimes minutes! If I press o during the playing I can see that the buffering is going ok but that the playing requires 99% cpu usage.

I also tried putting a memory stick in the back of my computer (as someone said on the forums), but that doesn't work. I also wanted to change the cache settings but apperently they are removed from the babylon version.

Please help Smile

You can start by giving more info, what mac, what OSX version, posting to pastebin the xbmc.log file is always helpful so we can see exactly what is going on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video lag after Babylon upgrade0