[aTV] Video jumpy
Yes. That should be all you need to do.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

phi2039 Wrote:Yes. That should be all you need to do.

Well I gave it a try and it still had the jittery issue. BUT, I started playing with more and more of the settings. Now im not 100% what did it as I was turning things on and off and so forth, but I think I got it resolved. It seems that after I disabled "High Quality Software Upscaling" (Settings -> Video -> Player) the issue went away. I tried leaving it enabled and trying the different Upscaling Methods, but most seemed to just make it worse.

Thought I should just let everyone know what I think I did to resolve the issue. Thanks for your help
Did a search on coreaudio and came across this post.

I downloaded the latest SVN from website mentioned, unzipped, and copied the XBMC.app over to my ATV directory path specified above but, it won't start.

When I launch it, it says it cannot load XBMC/Boxee from specified path.

I wanted to try the core audio in hopes of getting better sound when playing music.
Thanks for the links to the unofficial builds. I installed build 20585 but still get the same problem with a similar file.

http://pastebin.com/m2c32de69

Still looks like a coreaudio issue.

Any idea?
fishnchips Wrote:Thanks for the links to the unofficial builds. I installed build 20585 but still get the same problem with a similar file.

http://pastebin.com/m2c32de69

Still looks like a coreaudio issue.

Any idea?

would really like to see the value of aq/vq when this happens. This looks identical to an issue that we had with VC1 codec and the video demux queue starving the audio demux queue.

At

http://code.google.com/p/atv-xbmc-launch...bmc_remote

is a xbmc_remote command-line app. If you turn on settings -> network -> events from remote servers. Now you can control XBMC from a remote computer.

xbmc_remote <IP of appletv> 9777

type "o" when a video is playing, that will pop up a status indicator.
Both aq and vq are at 0%. When I pause it and let them build up to 99% aq and 85% vq, the video is smooth again until aq & vq goes to 0% again (takes around 1 1/2 minutes), then it gets choppy. If I compare a high bitrate MKV (H264/AC3 - single audio channel) rip of a different DVD, the aq/vq never goes below 80%.
fishnchips Wrote:Both aq and vq are at 0%. When I pause it and let them build up to 99% aq and 85% vq, the video is smooth again until aq & vq goes to 0% again (takes around 1 1/2 minutes), then it gets choppy. If I compare a high bitrate MKV (H264/AC3 - single audio channel) rip of a different DVD, the aq/vq never goes below 80%.

aq and vq are the demux queue, if they hit zero, the demux queue is starved so the decoders run out of packets to decode. Basically not feeding the file fast enough. I would bet that if you moved this file local to atv it would play fine.

Sounds like a network issue.
Davilla - thanks for the pointer. I copied to the aTV and it played fine and feel like a bit of a prat! Blush

What was making me think it wasn't a network issue was that the 1.2GB M4V lowish bitrate (2Mbps) with AC3+AAC had issues but a 4GB MKV high bitrate (6-8Mbps) with AC3 played fine. Anyway - looks like powerline & 5Ghz 802.11n aren't the solution in my house - time to run some Cat6....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[aTV] Video jumpy0