• 56(current)
[LINUX] Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote (PS3 BD) + LIRC + XBMC = SUCCESS
No, but I don’t see why not. It’ll work both in MCE Keyboard and PS3 mode.

The only practical difference vs the old Bluez4 patch is that you could set different timeouts pr device with the old patch. Useful if you pair a Harmony (which obviously doesn’t need a timeout) and PS3 remote at the same time. The old patch also wakes up the remote a little bit faster, but I’ll have to rerun these tests when I upgrade to 18.04.
Apparently I found a simpler way of connecting and mapping the PS3 Remote Control without having to install Bluez or Blueman modified packages, I just used evdevremapkeys.

1. First I modified the Bluetooth configuration files and disabled the security to connect without PIN, I modified the /etc/bluetooth/network.conf file, leaving both options as below:

Code:
Disable link encryption: default = true
DisableSecurity = true

2. Restart the Service:

Code:
sudo systemctl stop bluetooth.service
sudo systemctl start bluetooth.service

3. To install evdevremapkeys, it was necessary to add air to Python 3.4 PPA.

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:deadsnakes/ppa

4. I installed Python 3.4.

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python3.4 python-dev python3-dev

5. I installed python3-pip.

Code:
sudo apt-get install python3-pip
6. Next, I installed exactly the same packages as the developer said, but the latest packages should work.

Code:
sudo -H pip3 install python-daemon==2.1.2 
sudo -H pip3 install evdev==0.7.0
sudo -H pip3 install pyxdg==0.25
sudo -H pip3 install PyYAML==3.12

7. I installed Git to download the evdevremapkeys repository.

Code:
sudo apt-get install git

8. I installed the evdevremapkeys.

Code:
git clone https://github.com/philipl/evdevremapkeys.git
cd evdevremapkeys/
sudo python3 setup.py install
cd..
rm -rf evdevremapkeys/

9. On Linux Minti I had to change the permissions on /dev/uinput, in Ubuntu I did not have this problem, if you have an error:

Code:
sudo chmod +0666 /dev/uinput

10. With the command sudo evdevremapkeys -l you can check the event and name of the control on your system.

Code:
luiz@HP:~$ sudo evdevremapkeys -l
/dev/input/event12: "BD Remote Control

Note: The name of the control appeared differently in Mint and Ubuntu, it may be because in Ubuntu I installed modified bluez and blueman packages before finding this method.

You will need to create a config.yaml configuration file, this is my yalm file.

After creating your file you can use the command below to test.

Code:
evdevremapkeys -f /path to file/config.yaml

config

This setup is based on Kodi, but when I used Kodi on Windows I also used the Keymap Editor inside Kodi to set specific functions for certain buttons and still have that button doing something else inside Windows, now Linux.

My file might work for any other system, but I noticed that in Mint and Ubuntu a few keys came up with a different name.

Using evtest you can see the list of keys, both the keyboard and PS3 control and which keys you can use to map.

I have not yet tested the daemon option, I hope it solves the problem of not having to have the device connected to run evdevremapkeys.

The solution given by kornaz also seems to work, but the Eject, SCAN and PLAY key were not accepting mapping, I do not know why, but it did not work, with evdevremapkeys, I was able to map all the buttons I tested ).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PT-BR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aparentemente achei uma forma mais simples de conectar e mapear o Controle remoto do PS3 sem precisar instalar pacotes modificados do Bluez ou Blueman, utilizei apenas o evdevremapkeys.

1. Primeiro modifiquei os arquivos de configuração do Bluetooth e desabilitei a segurança para conectar sem PIN, modifiquei o arquivo /etc/bluetooth/network.conf, deixando as duas opções conforme abaixo: 

Code:
Disable link encryption: default=true
DisableSecurity=true

2. Reiniciei o Serviço:

Code:
sudo systemctl stop bluetooth.service
sudo systemctl start bluetooth.service

3. Para instalar o evdevremapkeys, foi necessário adicionar o PPA do Python 3.4.

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:deadsnakes/ppa
4. Instalei o Python 3.4.

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python3.4 python-dev python3-dev

5. Instalei o PIP3.

sudo apt-get install python3-pip

6. Em seguida instalei exatamente os mesmos pacotes indicados pelo desenvolvedor, mas os mais recentes devem funcionar.

Code:
sudo -H pip3 install python-daemon==2.1.2 
sudo -H pip3 install evdev==0.7.0
sudo -H pip3 install pyxdg==0.25
sudo -H pip3 install PyYAML==3.12

7. Instalei o Git para baixar o repositório do evdevremapkeys

Code:
sudo apt-get install git

8. Instalei o evdevremapkeys.

Code:
git clone https://github.com/philipl/evdevremapkeys.git
cd evdevremapkeys/
sudo python3 setup.py install
cd..
rm -rf evdevremapkeys/

9. No Linux Minti tive que mudar as permissões em /dev/uinput, no Ubuntu não tive esse problema, caso tenha algum erro:

Code:
sudo chmod +0666 /dev/uinput

10. Com o comando sudo evdevremapkeys -l você pode verificar o evento e nome do controle no seu sistema.

Code:
luiz@HP:~$ sudo evdevremapkeys -l
/dev/input/event12:    "BD Remote Control

Observação: o nome do controle apareceu de forma diferente no Mint e no Ubuntu, pode ser porque no Ubuntu eu instalei pacotes do bluez e blueman modificados antes de achar esse método.

Será necessário criar um arquivo de configuração config.yaml, esse é meu arquivo yalm.

Apos criar seu arquivo você pode usar o comando abaixo para testar.

Code:
evdevremapkeys -f /caminho para o arquivo/config.yaml

config

Essa configuração esta baseada no Kodi, mas quando usava o Kodi no Windows também usava o Keymap Editor dentro do Kodi para setar funções especificas para certos botoẽs e ainda ter aquele botão fazendo outra coisa dentro do Windows, agora Linux.

Meu arquivo talvez funcione para qualquer outro sistema, mas notei que no Mint e no Ubuntu algumas teclas apareceram com nome diferente.

Usando o evtest você ver a lista de teclas, tanto do teclado quanto do controle do PS3 e quais teclas pode usar para mapear.

Ainda não testei a opção daemon, espero que ela resolva o problema de não precisar estar com o dispositivo conectado para executar o evdevremapkeys.

A solução dada pelo kornaz, também parece funcionar, mas a tecla Eject, SCAN and PLAY não estavam aceitando ser mapeadas, não sei o motivo, mas não funcionava, com o evdevremapkeys, consegui mapear todos os botoes que eu testei (os três acima principalmente).
(2018-04-13, 12:10)Soli Wrote: The old patch also wakes up the remote a little bit faster, but I’ll have to rerun these tests when I upgrade to 18.04
Will the first wakeup button press lost with these patches?
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote (PS3 BD) + LIRC + XBMC = SUCCESS6