• 41(current)
[LINUX] Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote (PS3 BD) + LIRC + XBMC = SUCCESS
getsome Wrote:Has anyone had luck with XBMC Live 10.1 Dharma?

I have had some luck with getting it to work, but when I reboot it won't work anymore. Also I have to repeat several steps to get working again.Huh

Read the section entitled "Benefits and Limitations of XBMC Live" here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Live

Martin
Quite helpful, thanks Stroke!!

MartinHJ Wrote:Read the section entitled "Benefits and Limitations of XBMC Live" here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Live

Martin
It seems that we have similar issues when using XBMC Live to get the PS3 BD controller working. I'm using XBMC under Ubuntu 11.04 Server (only CLI), and I have followed this guide without success too. I can pair the BT dongle with the controller but it seems that the 'uinput' module is not loaded correctly. I have tried to recompile the kernel (now the 2.6.38-8) setting the module in different ways to see if works. I'll test later on.
Anyone with 'uinput' issue?
alexloula Wrote:It seems that we have similar issues when using XBMC Live to get the PS3 BD controller working. I'm using XBMC under Ubuntu 11.04 Server (only CLI), and I have followed this guide without success too. I can pair the BT dongle with the controller but it seems that the 'uinput' module is not loaded correctly. I have tried to recompile the kernel (now the 2.6.38-8) setting the module in different ways to see if works. I'll test later on.
Anyone with 'uinput' issue?

Googling shows a few people having problems with uinput and 11.04. I use 10.10 and it all works fine on there

Martin
cable_guy Wrote:Hi mate, been reading your guide which has helped me through a few bits already! Although you are using Blueman and I'm using bluez, and also you seem to refer to a graphical interface? (System > Bluetooth), I don't have that I only have CLI

I just resolved this conundrum so I hope this helps you. Eek

So the XBMC LIVE install does have fluxbox installed and you can use that to run the blueman-applet as per the instructions others have given.

Make a copy of the .Xsession
Code:
cp ~/.Xsession ~/.Xsession-xbmc

Edit ~/.Xsession so it runs fluxbox
Code:
#!/usr/bin/bash
fluxbox

Once you are booted into fluxbox you should be able to open up xterm and run blueman-applet to do your pairing. You can check if your settings worked by just running xbmc from inside fluxbox. Once you are sure it works, just mv ~/.Xsession-xbmc back to ~/.Xsession. Exit the session and startx again.
MartinHJ Wrote:Googling shows a few people having problems with uinput and 11.04. I use 10.10 and it all works fine on there

Martin

I recompiled the kernel choosing the 'uinput' as module <M> and now it can be loaded properly. However the PS3 remote controller isn't listed as a input device 'cat /proc/bus/input/devices'.
I don't want to back to the 10.10 or even 10.04 due to some video issues.
Need a little time to dig it.
I got best results using the EventServer.
I reinstalled my XBMC server from scratch, but forgot one tiny detail... I chose to go with the Ubuntu "Oneiric" beta 2. Which mostly has been excellent, except the small detail that the PPA is outdated. There's a build of bluez for Oneiric, but there's a newer version available from the ubuntu repos.

Kitlaan: Any chance you can trigger a build with the new version? The remote "works" as it is, but it is also constantly on. I expect the battery to last a couple of days at best Smile
@repvik: sure, I just have to get my dev environment back up. I'll try to have something in the next day or two.

Sorry I've been gone so long. I still have to finish debugging that disconnect problem. Otherwise, I think things are pretty stable.

uinput seems to be built into the Ubuntu kernels now, so that simplifies a step. The connect/pairing wonkiness still exists, but still have no idea why it happens.

Any other oddities people have been seeing lately?
kitlaan Wrote:@repvik: sure, I just have to get my dev environment back up. I'll try to have something in the next day or two.
Awesome Smile

kitlaan Wrote:uinput seems to be built into the Ubuntu kernels now, so that simplifies a step. The connect/pairing wonkiness still exists, but still have no idea why it happens.
Yup Smile

kitlaan Wrote:Any other oddities people have been seeing lately?
Before I upgraded, it was pretty solid. The time from first press to connection is a little while, but I guess that is mostly due to BT itself?
repvik Wrote:Any chance you can trigger a build with the new version? The remote "works" as it is, but it is also constantly on. I expect the battery to last a couple of days at best Smile

bluez 4.96-0ubuntu3+kitlaan1~oneiric has been submitted to the PPA. It's currently in the build queue, but should be done in an hour-or-so.

I have not tested it at all. There weren't any significant changes since 4.94, so it should be fine. (Famous last words...)
Goodie. I'll test later and report back Smile
got ppa and kitlaan's bluez working on oneiric 11.10 release but bluetooth is not going to stop after timeout set :| wondering why..
<<All this refers to XBMClive (10.1 Dharma using Ubuntu Lucid) using any BD dongle with PS3remote>>

Hi,

I started with the wiki guide (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._BD_Remote) with no success. Anyway for my solution I started with some of the guide :
- Log on to your box using putty/ssh
sudo su root
apt-get purge bluez
cd /usr/local/src
nano /etc/apt/sources.list
- add these lines:
-- deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/kitlaan/ppa/ubuntu lucid main
-- deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/kitlaan/ppa/ubuntu lucid main
- CTRL-O for save file and CTRL-X for exit the editor nano
apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 6F7177CC
apt-get update
apt-get install bluez
nano /etc/modules
- add line
-- uinput
apt-get install python-dbus
apt-get install libdbus-1-dev libdbus-glib-1-dev
apt-get install libbluetooth-dev
sudo reboot (wait and reconnect putty/ssh)
sudo su root
cd ~
wget http://kitlaan.twinaxis.com/projects/blu...air.tar.gz
tar xvfz ps3pair.tar.gz
cd ~/ps3pair
sudo python ps3_pair.py
- now press the Start&Enter combo on the remote to connect the device
- choose device (press 1 and Enter if PS3Remote is the only device)
sudo apt-get install bluez-utils python-bluez
hcitool scan
- copy the remotes MAC eg "00:82:7C:B9:14:7A"
wget http://h00s.net/ps3bdremote.tar.gz
tar xvzf ps3bdremote.tar.gz
cd ps3bdremote
nano ps3bdremote-test.py
- change the remotes MAC in the script to your remotes MAC eg "00:82:7C:B9:14:7A"
python ps3bdremote-test.py
- when screen output becomes "connected" press CTRL-C to end the script
apt-get install python-virtkey
reboot
- Log on to your box using putty/ssh
sudo su root
nano /etc/bluetooth/input.conf
-edit your input keys (use XBMC recommendation)
--BTW you will recognize basic input to XBMC with your remote is already working. Simply edit the input.conf to get everything working for your pleasureSmile

END
This procedure has been tested on 20 hardware differing systems and worked out every time!

BTW: I also found out how to solve the SMB connect issue with XBMCLive (Error 2: Share not available) - next guide if requested
After doing this
Code:
sudo modprobe uinput
echo uinput >> /etc/modules

Code:
lsmod | grep uinput
returns nothing even after reboot

Code:
% cat /etc/modules
returns
Code:
loop
lp
rtc
uinput

ps3pair doen't find my very same remote that is found on windows.
What am I missing here?
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote (PS3 BD) + LIRC + XBMC = SUCCESS6