• 50(current)
[LINUX] Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote (PS3 BD) + LIRC + XBMC = SUCCESS
This is the post within this thread that helped me the most: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1494849

I'm pretty sure that if you use a newer version of bluez, you don't have to bother with any patching. After the python script detects your remote, you then need to put a keymap in the Bluetooth folder. You have to do this through the terminal though: sudo nano /path/to/file.config. Save, close. Then if you pressed some of the numbers on the remote, you should see them appear in the active terminal window.
You mean Bluez 5? Not true.
Do you know what the patches do?
4.94 I think. I'm not in a position to check. I didn't use a patch and it works like a charm.
I'm using Ubuntu 13.10.

Got the Sony BD Remote to connect after installing blueman.
It connects as a keyboard, so when using XBMC it does work straight away. However to get use of the other buttons I am using LIRC like in the first post.

The only thing I cant do is, the connection wont idle time out.
I have set the timeout to be 1,5 and both dont do anything.

Has anyone got IdleTimeout to work from the /etc/bluetooth/input.conf?

Thanks
I have the xbmcbuntu 13 b2 version installed and been trying to get full fonctionallity out of my PS3 bd remote without luck so far. I'm getting basic functionality (arrow, enter, numbers) and guessing that is because I can't get the kitlaan patch to download since the site is down. Any way around that?
(2014-04-21, 21:20)MasterofPuppets Wrote: I have the xbmcbuntu 13 b2 version installed and been trying to get full fonctionallity out of my PS3 bd remote without luck so far. I'm getting basic functionality (arrow, enter, numbers) and guessing that is because I can't get the kitlaan patch to download since the site is down. Any way around that?

I've always just edited the etc/bluetooth/input.conf file, mapping the PS3 buttons to the relative keyboard buttons I want to use for each. Then I edit my ~/.xbmc/userdata/keyma[s/keyboard.xml file to relate the keyboard keys that I related to the PS3 remote buttons to a function.

Granted, the way I've done it is very tedious and took an abnormal amount of time, I've essentially made it so that every button on the PS3 remote is of use, depending on the situation. If you need, I could post my keyboard.xml and input.conf files here, although without having understood the thought process behind why I mapped what I mapped, it may not prove to be of much use for you other than giving you an example of a working config.
XBMCbuntu {Frodo} - Ubuntu 12.04 (Main):
Intel Q6600 [2.4GHz Quad Core], 4GB DDR3, nVidia GT-210, Antec Fusion Case (iMon LCD), PS3 BD Remote

XBMC Live {Frodo} - Ubuntu 10.04 (Bedroom): Intel Atom D510 [1.66GHz Dual Core], ION Graphics, 2GB DDR2, PS3 BD Remote
(2014-04-21, 22:45)DaMizZa Wrote:
(2014-04-21, 21:20)MasterofPuppets Wrote: I have the xbmcbuntu 13 b2 version installed and been trying to get full fonctionallity out of my PS3 bd remote without luck so far. I'm getting basic functionality (arrow, enter, numbers) and guessing that is because I can't get the kitlaan patch to download since the site is down. Any way around that?

I've always just edited the etc/bluetooth/input.conf file, mapping the PS3 buttons to the relative keyboard buttons I want to use for each. Then I edit my ~/.xbmc/userdata/keyma[s/keyboard.xml file to relate the keyboard keys that I related to the PS3 remote buttons to a function.

Granted, the way I've done it is very tedious and took an abnormal amount of time, I've essentially made it so that every button on the PS3 remote is of use, depending on the situation. If you need, I could post my keyboard.xml and input.conf files here, although without having understood the thought process behind why I mapped what I mapped, it may not prove to be of much use for you other than giving you an example of a working config.

So you are saying you can still access all the remote's button data (for lack of a better term) without using kitlaan's patch? If so please do post your files.
Can somebody please confirm if kitlaan's patch is still needed for bluez 4.101 (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS)? I've bought the PS3 remote (2012 version) and no matter what input.conf I use only arrows, numbers, Enter and few other keys are functional. Is there any updated how-to for the current distros and 2012 remote, because all info on Google seems to be dated.

Thanks.
kitlaan's patch is not needed for recent bluez versions, no.
(2014-06-06, 14:59)Drag0nFly Wrote: kitlaan's patch is not needed for recent bluez versions, no.

Ok, good news, thanks for confirming. So what do I have to do to make all PS3 remote keys work in XBMC? I tried couple of input.conf's found in this forum/XBMC wiki, but it seems that all custom key mappings are ignored. Functional are only the keys I mentioned earlier - no matter what input.conf I use. Even with stock empty input.conf with no mappings the situation is the same - arrows, Enter, number keys are working, the rest are not.

Can somebody please post a working example of input.conf for a recent unpatched bluez version? Is it really necessary to create a custom keymap xml in ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps folder? Do I have to enable "Remote control sends keyboard presses" in XBMC settings?
You still need the patch for Bluez-4.101.
(2014-06-06, 21:48)OS/2 Wrote: You still need the patch for Bluez-4.101.

Thanks. Remote works as expected after patching 4.101.

I've made a small script for Ubuntu to automate patching of bluez. The script downloads bluez source via apt-get, downloads patch for bluez 4.101 (thanks for the patch, RMerlin), applies the patch, rebuilds the package, increments the package version by adding .1 to the current version, updates package changelog and upgrades distribution bluez packages (if installed) with the patched version. If bluez was not installed you'll have to install the *.deb's in bluez/ directory yourself.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

PKGSRC=bluez
PATCHURL=http://h.lr.lt/misc/bluez-4-101_ps3remote.diff
PATCHFILE=${PATCHURL##*/}
CHANGELOG="Add $PATCHFILE patch."

sudo apt-get install build-essential devscripts quilt
mkdir -p $PKGSRC
cd $PKGSRC
sudo apt-get build-dep $PKGSRC
apt-get source $PKGSRC
wget -c "$PATCHURL" || exit 1
cd ${PKGSRC}-*
quilt import ../${PATCHFILE}
quilt push || exit 1
dch -n "$CHANGELOG"
dpkg-buildpackage -b
cd ..
for PKG in *.deb; do
    dpkg-query -s ${PKG%%_*} > /dev/null 2>&1 && sudo dpkg -i $PKG
done

I think this script can be used to automate bluez patching for any Ubuntu/bluez version - just change the PATCHURL variable if you want to use a different patch.

Stock Ubuntu 14.04 LTS bluez packages:

Code:
ii  bluez                                                 4.101-0ubuntu13                                     amd64        Bluetooth tools and daemons
ii  bluez-alsa:amd64                                      4.101-0ubuntu13                                     amd64        Bluetooth ALSA support
ii  bluez-cups                                            4.101-0ubuntu13                                     amd64        Bluetooth printer driver for CUPS
ii  bluez-gstreamer                                       4.101-0ubuntu13                                     amd64        Bluetooth GStreamer support
ii  libbluetooth3:amd64                                   4.101-0ubuntu13                                     amd64        Library to use the BlueZ Linux Bluetooth stack

Patched packages (after the script was run):

Code:
ii  bluez                                                 4.101-0ubuntu13.1                                   amd64        Bluetooth tools and daemons
ii  bluez-alsa:amd64                                      4.101-0ubuntu13.1                                   amd64        Bluetooth ALSA support
ii  bluez-cups                                            4.101-0ubuntu13.1                                   amd64        Bluetooth printer driver for CUPS
ii  bluez-gstreamer                                       4.101-0ubuntu13.1                                   amd64        Bluetooth GStreamer support
ii  libbluetooth3:amd64                                   4.101-0ubuntu13.1                                   amd64        Library to use the BlueZ Linux Bluetooth stack

You'll have to rerun the script if Ubuntu updates the bluez packages.
Does anyone have a mirror for ps3pair.tar.gz?
Kitlaans site is down for good by the looks of it...
(2014-06-24, 12:07)babatong Wrote: Does anyone have a mirror for ps3pair.tar.gz?
Kitlaans site is down for good by the looks of it...

ps3pair.tar.gz
Can somebody help me out installing the PS3 BD remote for XBMC. I am using the link http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166676
and I get stuck on bullet #5 (sudo tar xvfz ps3pair.tar.gz) .
I get the error gzip not available etc..

Do you have any link that can help me step by step.
I am a newbie and appreciate the work you all guys are doing..

Thank you..
Best as always!!
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote (PS3 BD) + LIRC + XBMC = SUCCESS6