Where did the NFO file for movie info came from?
I'm asking this because one simple thing...

Most movies downloaded from the web, already have an .nfo file with info about the movie just released by the respective group. I like to keep that file... But I can't do that because programs like MIP will overwirte since the .nfo file need to have the exact same name as video file, right?

Well, I know that it can also be called "movie.nfo" and this is a big confusion to me...

What's the difference between them exactly? Is there a reason to use one over the other or not really?
Some info about the .nfo handling by XBMC can be found here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Exp..._nfo_Files

If both a movie.nfo and <moviename>.nfo are available, XBMC will use the movie.nfo file by default.

I think you can also configure MIP to only generate a movie.nfo file and leave the <moviename>.nfo untouched.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks to endless bitching from some of us you can make MIP leave scene nfos alone in the settings. Smile
This way you can keep moviename-scenegroup.nfo and generate movie.nfo without a fuss. ^_^
I don't use MIP and I believe for that to work the filenames needs to be changed right? I don't actually want to do that, I want everything to keep their default names.

But since "movie.nfo" works anyway and it seems there's no difference, I might go with that Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where did the NFO file for movie info came from?0