How do you view the TBN files?
I have associated these XBMC created (basically renamed) TBNs to Windows Photo Gallery in Vista and it opens. But, the arrow keys to open the next or previous image doesn't work. If there is a JPEG in the folder, it opens that, but not the other TBN files unless I double-click that TBN in Explorer.

Anyone has a better way? I tried Picasa viewer and that doesn't work at all for TBNs. Is there some hack to make the TBNs searchable to Photo Gallery? Thanks.
Write the code below in a notepad save as a thumb.reg file and double click.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.tbn\ShellEx\{BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}]
@="{3F30C968-480A-4C6C-862D-EFC0897BB84B}"

TBN files will now be treated the same a JPG, etc
Tbn files are just jpgs, honestly I don't see why they have such an absurd extension to begin with.

p.s. this doesn't belong in the aeon forum.
works.
thanks Hitcher.
Sorry, wanted to post in the Windows forum but somehow ...

Thanks Hitcher, I added this to the registry. Will restart and try.
After restarting I can see the thumbnails of the TBN files in explorer, thanks. But the default viewer (Photo Gallery) still doesn't enable the prev/next buttons and after opening one image, I have to close it and open another by double-clicking it.
You could just add .tbn to the extensions used by XBMC and use that view them.

Code:
<advancedsettings>

<pictureextensions>
    <add>.tbn</add>
    </pictureextensions>

</advancedsettings>
First, thanks Hitcher for reg file.

Second, (I may be way off) but rexion, are they all in the same folder? I keep mine in seperate folders with their own movie files.
Yes, they are in separate movie folders but each folder has a few of those TBNs and I have to open them individually.

That's not a big issue as there are not many in a folder generally, just an annoyance. But, the cache directories have all the fanarts saved in there and I normally remove some of them periodically as they are not appropriate for children. Since XBMC downloads them automatically I can't control it beforehand.

Hitcher's reg file fixed the thumbnail issue in Explorer and now instead of opening them I just view them in the right pane in the extra large mode and remove the inappropriate ones.
Is Hitcher's registry edit safe for windows 7 pro as well?
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you view the TBN files?0