Full screen music
Is there any plan to enhance the full-screen music playing mode? It would be cool at least to see the album artwork in fullscreen.
What so music ain't cool no more?? Laugh
You mean more than playing now (toggle with space bar or settings menu)?

I thought that the playing now was actually a great improvement over other skins for music. I would still love to see fanart used more throughout music sections, but hey.
If you're talking about album thumbs, then it already does that. If you're talking about showing fanart, that's different.

There are some simple visualization mods @ http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ualization
I think I'm the only one, but I never use the visualizations. Maybe they just don't go with the music I listen to. They kind of give me a headache. Laugh

But as a music lover & kind of insane collector I'd be all over something that embellishes music the way TV & Movies does... Starting with Fanart, but getting into studio and label logos, etc. Wow. Basically making the info screen more like the actual liner notes.

And something like cycling through fanart for the band that you're browsing or playing would be great, too. To have your now playing list, your current album art, and the backdrop showing a slideshow specific to the song that is playing. Cool.

Some of that might be XBMC mods or additions, I'm not sure. Support for .nfo's in music would be a great start. (That doesn't exist yet, right?)

That being said I'm very happy with what we've got. And the additions I'm talking about would be a ton of work on the user end to fill in on large collections. Working with hundreds of movies nfo's is hard enough - tens of thousands of songs on many thousands of CDs and records... that's a monster. Shocked
This reminds me of the (very simple) PMIII HD mod I posted here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50295

I don't have much time (or skill!) at the moment to improve it, so I hope someone else will pick up the idea and add more stuff.

I think it's an unexplored area of XBMC skins. Visualizations have a nice wow-factor, but they're distracting in a living room (and my wife hates them!!). A simple album art display, with time/artist/album/release date info would be great.
Anyone who doesn't want some sort of music screensaver, may need to recall why it's called a "screensaver". In other words, make sure your display isn't susceptible to burn-in. That being said, it could be argued that there are some static elements to my mod above, but I'm changing to an LCD projector this week.

I'm a coding novice, but depending on how hard it is, whatever info one wants on the screen might be made to very slowly drift around. Technically to avoid burn-in, you only need to move 1 pixel off, which is considered imperceptible to most.
@Peter_T, there is support for .nfo files for music: wiki. It also imports pure-xml .nfo's although the wiki does not mention it.

A good start is to first scan your entire collection and then export it to files, then you will see the structure of the xml files, and then start looking for error/wrong information etc.
+1 on more focus on the music sections. Just enabling fanart when running a playlist in "now playing" mode would be fantastic.

If you combine music fanart with ""smart playlists" and "party mode", the music fanart would change whenever a new track start playing. Now, that wold really be something...
Ninjamawwe Wrote:@Peter_T, there is support for .nfo files for music: wiki. It also imports pure-xml .nfo's although the wiki does not mention it.

A good start is to first scan your entire collection and then export it to files, then you will see the structure of the xml files, and then start looking for error/wrong information etc.

I saw this once long ago... the entry was so limited I was kind of disappointed. But now that I hear that I can do more than point to an allmusic page... cool. There are lots of indie acts that are not in allmusic.com. Thanks for the tip!
Thumbs Up 
I think these are all great ideas..

I was just after something that would show the coverart much much bigger that's all. xTV in my opinion has had it down-pat for years...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full screen music0