uTorrent and XBMC library?
is there any simple way to have Utorrent place downloaded content in folders that are compatible with the XBMC scrappers? I am running webui and as far as I can tell there is no way to tell Utorrent where to save downloaded files using the webui. It just places them in the default downloads folder. Then I would have to manually move and organize torrents when they complete. is there any easier solution to this?
Set utorrent's default directory to a place XBMC uses to import from, and use utorrent's labels to categorize your downloads. That's about your only option without using other apps to move files around automatically for you.
kricker Wrote:Set utorrent's default directory to a place XBMC uses to import from, and use utorrent's labels to categorize your downloads. That's about your only option without using other apps to move files around automatically for you.

If one WERE to use other apps, what would be the best way of automating utorrent downloads into XBMC?
For TV shows I use utorrent labels. All my rss fed TV downloads go into a folder called \downloads\tv. That folder is then monitored by EvenGhost (You could also use Dirmon or some other folder monitoring utility). When a new file appears, EventGhost runs theRenamer which finds the proper naming info for the show and then moves it to the proper folder as specified in it's setup. After theRenamer closes, EvenGhost then triggers a library update for that folder in XBMC. The only time I have to intervene is for dated shows like "The Colbert Report" or "The Daily Show" and if the file is broken into .rar files that have to be uncompressed first. Just like many other media scrapers (XBMC included) theRenamer can't find the proper info for shows that are dated and don't use SxxExx in the name, the author says he'd add support for it though if more people asked for it.
Kricker,

your automated file system does sound impressive, the only problem i see for my useage is that i like to keep my content in *.rar format.(appears easier incase of corrupt files)

i prolly spend about half an hour a day moving files from incomming to xbmc shares, ill look into the renamer.

Dam0
Dam0 Wrote:Kricker,

your automated file system does sound impressive, the only problem i see for my useage is that i like to keep my content in *.rar format.(appears easier incase of corrupt files)

i prolly spend about half an hour a day moving files from incomming to xbmc shares, ill look into the renamer.

Dam0
I don't think it's gonna work with .rar files. I'm not sure how .rar protects against corrupt files. It's more likely a file gets corrupt when compressing to .rar.
For the reader's information and the forum's organization:

ethan_9219 Wrote:If one WERE to use other apps, what would be the best way of automating utorrent downloads into XBMC?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=48865

kricker Wrote:... Just like many other media scrapers (XBMC included) theRenamer can't find the proper info for shows that are dated and don't use SxxExx in the name ...

[url]http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34485&highlight="daily+show"[/url]
I use µTorrents rss-downloader to download tv-shows, there I can specify which directory they should be downloaded to.
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
Dam0 Wrote:Kricker,

Dam0

Rar by itself will not help recover corrupt files, you need parity data for that. There are various methods to create the additional files containing parity info which is used to repair your corrupt file. Winrar will let you create and use .rev files that contain this data for rar archives. Alternatively the par2 format isn't tied to rars, and can do the same for an extracted file the same as it would for the rars. On Windows QuickPar works really well, or the Linux par2 package should be in your distro's repository.

The .rar files make it easier when downloading large files; if a single rar downloads wrong or is corrupted you only need to fetch that one file again or if you are on a slower connection and are unable to resume downloads you are more likely to complete the download of a smaller file.

I'm not saying either way is right or wrong, just want to make sure no one thinks their going to get more protection than they have.
here is a script that I ran from scheduler:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=338...stcount=25
kricker Wrote:For TV shows I use utorrent labels. All my rss fed TV downloads go into a folder called \downloads\tv. That folder is then monitored by EvenGhost (You could also use Dirmon or some other folder monitoring utility). When a new file appears, EventGhost runs theRenamer which finds the proper naming info for the show and then moves it to the proper folder as specified in it's setup. After theRenamer closes, EvenGhost then triggers a library update for that folder in XBMC. The only time I have to intervene is for dated shows like "The Colbert Report" or "The Daily Show" and if the file is broken into .rar files that have to be uncompressed first. Just like many other media scrapers (XBMC included) theRenamer can't find the proper info for shows that are dated and don't use SxxExx in the name, the author says he'd add support for it though if more people asked for it.

I'm in the same boat. I just added another (hopefully convincing) plea to theRenamer's forum in your post. Also, I think that's the fourth forum I have seen your username, kricker.
You need to get rid of the idea of keeping rar files. I do the same automated method of having tv shows downloaded via rss feed in utorrent to a general TV show directory that watchdirectory monitors and it then runs tvrename. TVrename then moves them to their proper show folders and renames them. After that Media Companion runs via an autoit script and downloads the show thumbnails and nfo files and then sends an update command to xbmc.

Use parnrar to deal with lots of rar files. You can do all kinds of cool stuff with it. It's able to batch unrar entire directories with sub folders and everything.

I also have flash renamer run via command line to rename all of my movies nice. With it I am able to get rid of all the junk in the file names.

Right now I'm still waiting for a good media metadata manager. I did use media companion until he started to work on the 2nd gen one. It doesn't do TV shows yet. In the meantime I'm using Mediainfoplus and waiting for the unified media manager they have talked about. I just need one of these managers that scans movies and tv shows to be able to run by command line.
I'm with yellowman on this one. I've never really felt the need to have pretty episode names, and utorrent is very good at finding the correct episode and then throwing it into the appropriate folder automatically without my intervention. You set that up at the beginning of a season and just leave it alone for about 9 months.

Of course, that's only for television shows. For movies you'll want to follow one of the methods outlined above.

Edit: On the other hand, I'm now reading about therenamer, and it does sound awesome. It'd be one excellent method of dealing with video samples, which always bug me.
Why do you want to unpack it? XBMC can handles stored rars fine.. if they are compressed, kick the uploader! also, downloaded content should follow some naming rules, if it's not kick the uploader again Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Not to threadjack, but has anyone figured out how to get the daily show to automatically download using utorrent's RSS feed?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
uTorrent and XBMC library?0