uTorrent and XBMC library?
natethomas Wrote:Not to threadjack, but has anyone figured out how to get the daily show to automatically download using utorrent's RSS feed?

There used to be a bunch of nice tv rss sites but they all seem to be down now. I use the VTV rss feed, but it doesn't publish all of the episodes every week. It always seems to miss some. If someone has a better feed, I'd be very interested too.
rausch101 Wrote:There used to be a bunch of nice tv rss sites but they all seem to be down now. I use the VTV rss feed, but it doesn't publish all of the episodes every week. It always seems to miss some. If someone has a better feed, I'd be very interested too.

Oh, I've got all that figured out already. Turns out I made the simple mistake of having the "smart ep. filter" turned on. That thing only works for shows that follow the standard episode format.
For anyone that uses theRenamer, when you use -fetch, does the program both rename AND move the files? Mine seems only to rename.
I definetally prefer tvrename over theRenamer. theRenamer looks very nice and simple but tvrename has all the power.

Rar files are a horrible way to keep media weather or not XBMC handles them fine. It's just ugly, unorganized and slower to get to your media.

When dealing with tons of media and downloads you have to find ways to speed things up and keep things organized. I download 10 to 50 gigs a day. So far today I have downloaded 36 gigs.

Organize and rename TV shows - tvrename
Batch Rename Movies and Files - Flash Renamer
Batch unrar - parnrar
Monitor Directories for changes and run commands - watchdirectory
Automate regular windows programs - autoit
Organize all media metadata - mediainfoplus, mediacompanion and a couple others
Insanely more efficient Windows Explorer - xplorer2 It loads up with two panes, each with their own tabs that are set to directories I always use
Flook Wrote:You need to get rid of the idea of keeping rar files. I do the same automated method of having tv shows downloaded via rss feed in utorrent to a general TV show directory that watchdirectory monitors and it then runs tvrename. TVrename then moves them to their proper show folders and renames them. After that Media Companion runs via an autoit script and downloads the show thumbnails and nfo files and then sends an update command to xbmc.

Use parnrar to deal with lots of rar files. You can do all kinds of cool stuff with it. It's able to batch unrar entire directories with sub folders and everything.

I also have flash renamer run via command line to rename all of my movies nice. With it I am able to get rid of all the junk in the file names.

Right now I'm still waiting for a good media metadata manager. I did use media companion until he started to work on the 2nd gen one. It doesn't do TV shows yet. In the meantime I'm using Mediainfoplus and waiting for the unified media manager they have talked about. I just need one of these managers that scans movies and tv shows to be able to run by command line.
You wouldn't like to post your config? I'm looking for a solution just like the one you are using.
I have a set of console tools I wrote that are designed to automate the process of torrenting TV shows, managing, and renaming the files on the Windows platform. I've been too lazy to upload it to Google Code or Github, but made a basic beta package if anyone is interested. PM me about it...
Catchy Signature Here
Could you send me a link? I'm not sure how i'm supposed to send you a PM... I'm just a newb here.
generator Wrote:Could you send me a link? I'm not sure how i'm supposed to send you a PM... I'm just a newb here.

Click on his name, then "Send a private message to SleepyP"
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
lol, wow.
In case anyone else is interested, I have two links. I set up a GitHub for the project, which is here:
http://github.com/DivinityCycle/Unseen-Hand

The compiled programs (along with a bunch of ReadMe's explaining how they work) are in a beta package here:
http://www.appliedcuriosity.cc/SleepyPs%...0Tools.zip

You can also e-mail me the regular way at [email protected]
Catchy Signature Here
rausch101 Wrote:Click on his name, then "Send a private message to SleepyP"

:p I guess I wasn't logged In. Couldn't find it anywhere Big Grin
- I us RSS feed in utorrent that downloads all my episodes to the Download folder.
- When Utorrent is down downloading a episode I told it to move to the completed folder
- I use SCRU which waits for something to be moved into the completed folder which in turn uncompress all the rar files that come in to another folder I call Uncompressed
- I then use therenamer to scan the Uncompressed folder that in turn renames the files and moves them to my Nas. I could have it move it directly into my folder that XBMC reads, but I like to give it one last check to make sure everything is correct. I also wrote a little script that scans the folder on the Nas to make sure there are no NFO files that some group might of included in their RAR files. I then grab the folder and dump it into the correct location on my Nas.
- MIP in console mode then scans that drive at midnight and grabs episode thumbs and nfos.

Yeah it looks like a lot, but I'll tell you what. If I go away for a week and come back all my episodes for the week are downloaded, uncompressed, renamed and waiting on my NAS for my approval. If I had it move to my TV folder on the NAS they would have episode thumbs too and just would need to scan it into my library. Wink

I'm no hacker, but if there are windows tools out there I'm sure I got them all working together.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
uTorrent and XBMC library?0