LinuxTag 2009 (June) - Help required!
Information 
Hi all,

As you know, XBMC is attending Linuxtag 2009 in Berlin. We need help in order for this to be a success.

Primarily we need:

1. Designs for posters, cards, leaflets, and t-shirts
2. Ideas for the booth.
3. Users who can help us at the booth.

So, if you think you'll be able to come, on any of the days (June 24-27) please let us know ASAP. If you are coming to help out with the booth, then we're more than happy to help out with accommodation expenses, and you'll get free tickets to Linuxtag, ofcourse. PM me and we'll sort out the details.

If you can't come, but have ideas for the booth, or have some time to design some posters/leaflets etc. then please let us know directly in this thread - the quicker we get this organized the better it will be.

You can grab the original logo artwork from here. Note that we're moving towards the use of the "text-only" based logos as the blue logo looks a bit dated nowadays, so designs incorporating those are likely to be preferred, but feel free to not worry too much about the logo side of it. The idea is to get the XBMC message out to as many people as possible.

Help the team publicize XBMC on a very large Linux forum.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I have whipped up a quick preview for linuxtag logo..

Can we get a sticky on this, please? Smile

I worked up a business card, hope you like it.

Quote:Image
blittan Wrote:I have whipped up a quick preview for linuxtag logo..

@blittan, could you get me a high-quality PNG version of that one with higher resolution? Huh
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
gamester: will fix a highres one Smile

tomorrow, don't have the energy today (too little sleep for a couple of days)
voiddreamer: Great work!

Hopefully we'll get a bunch more from others.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Come on guys - I know we have HUNDREDS of people with great graphics skills in the XBMC community that could help out with this.

We also must have plenty of users in Germany who could help out with the booth at Linuxtag. Without your help our booth may not go ahead, as there simply isn't enough of us developers to ensure that we have someone available during the entire conference. In particular we need help on the Saturday, so if you have the weekend of the 27th and 28th free, please let us know - accommodation and entry to Linuxtag will be covered by Team XBMC.

Cheers,
Jonathan

If you like I would help out on saturday. I have been using xbmc for 5-6 years now and written some small plugins for personal usage, so I should know what I am talking about if there are questions from any visitors - although if some linux kernel hacker shows up and asks me about thread safety of certain classes, I will be the first to run Big Grin Berlin should about an 4 hour drive from my home place, so that is ok - always wanted to visit linux tag anyway Smile

Just drop me a pm or catch me on #xbmc-linux (nickname Clumsy), I hang out there quite often.
@gamester: need a high res linuxtag logo, mailed them, but no response (hopefully they will resond on monday (later today)
I could be there the 27th, let me know if you still need people. No need for accommodation or anything, I live in Berlin. Actually I could provide a place to sleep if someone need it.
Hi Krieg - check your PM, mate Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LinuxTag 2009 (June) - Help required!0