Strange issue with movie.tbn
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but I was creating the movie.tbn for each of my movies, which are all in separate folders, etc and noticed that some of the high res movie.tbn's don't show up when going to full screen info.

It's a seemingly random occurance and I can't figure out what's causing it. I tried cleaning the library, deleting the movie with issues from the library and rescanning it, and each time gets the same results, it still seems to be using the low res cached thumb for full screen info on some movies.

I would greatly appreciate any insight on this issue...
I loads the cached one first and should then access the movie.tbn if it exists.

Are you giving it enough time to load if it's on a remote share?
yeah I think he does give them enough time. I have the same problem an dits still a bug in XBMC I think. The largeimage control does not load the images for stacked movie-files I think.
Beatzeps08 Wrote:yeah I think he does give them enough time. I have the same problem an dits still a bug in XBMC I think. The largeimage control does not load the images for stacked movie-files I think.

Yep, that seems to be it. I have all my movies stored locally so waiting shouldn't be an issue. It appears to be effecting only stacked movies. Guess I will have to join those movies if I want to bypass the bug.

Thanks everyone for the help
How about reporting the bug on trac?
(what are the thumb and movie filenames btw?)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I suppose we could report it. Here is an example of one that doesn't work:

MOVIES>
THE DARK KNIGHT [SDDVD]>
movie.tbn
The Dark Knight [sddvd].nfo
The Dark Knight [sddvd].tbn
The Dark Knight [sddvd] - Part 1.avi
The Dark Knight [sddvd] - Part 2.avi
The Dark Knight [sddvd]-fanart.jpg
just to try something, try The Dark Knight [sddvd] - Part 1.tbn
but yeah it should be reported.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange issue with movie.tbn0