Operation timed out
I'm sorry if this is a stupped question but i don't know not so much about this stuff Smile ! What i know is that i like Apple Wink !

I plug in my apple TV2 to my macbook, than i open terminal, i type
ssh [email protected] and then it's says, operation timed out !

I really want xbmc on my ATV2 Sad !!

Please someone ? I need really easy step by step i think..

Regards

Mathieu
You cannot SSH via USB. USB is only used (as far as XBMC goes) for your initial jailbreak (the first step you must do before you cab install XBMC, or anything, to an ATV2). It sounds like you have not actually jailbroken your ATV2 yet, so follow these instructions ( http://support.firecore.com/entries/3876...seas0npass ) before going to the SSH steps. If you find you need help with jailbreaking please do not ask here, but instead ask at firecore.com or awkwardtv.org.

Once you have jailbroken it should be pretty easy to install XBMC, but if you need help with those steps then just ask here once you have gotten that far.
I ahve installed XBMC but when i go to Videos and try to open my folder (that is in theublic folder of my mac) i keep getting Operation timed out...the Could not connect to network server

PLEASE HELP its driving me crazy!
I am in the same boat...cannot add network folders in xbmc in my apple tv2. Someone please help!!!! I'm going crazy here trying to figure out whats wrong Sad

srini
srinib4u Wrote:I am in the same boat...cannot add network folders in xbmc in my apple tv2. Someone please help!!!! I'm going crazy here trying to figure out whats wrong Sad

srini

Since you've given so much info about your problem (can't rescue myself from your bunch of logs etc.) i'm going crazy too on guessing what you might have tried to do ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
This thread is about nothing. If you have an issue please start a new thread.
math123 Wrote:I'm sorry if this is a stupped question but i don't know not so much about this stuff Smile ! What i know is that i like Apple Wink !

I plug in my apple TV2 to my macbook, than i open terminal, i type
ssh [email protected] and then it's says, operation timed out !

I really want xbmc on my ATV2 Sad !!

Please someone ? I need really easy step by step i think..
Regards
Mathieu

Have you read the Jailbreak FAQ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Operation timed out0