Movie Library Bug?
I was adding some movies onto my hard drive today.
I copied the movies onto the drive and then hit the 'Update Library' button
from the context menu within the Movie Library.

XBMC did its usual updating and once done, immediately crashed with a
'code 11' or something like that.

I deleted the movie database (several times) and updated everything again with it crashing each time. I then slowly added in my hard drives one at a time and tested the library each time. It was good until I got to a certain hard drive and then would crash after adding in the movies from that drive.

I though the drive was going bad! It turned out to be there were 2 copies of 1 movie. One was on one hard drive, the other on another. Once I added in the second copy, XBMC crashed rather then just making 2 entries in the database file with the 2 locations.

I do not have any logs or anything to share, but you might be able to make it happen again by placing 2 copies on one movie onto two drives and then updating the library.

Just though this was something to report and hopefully was helpful.

I must say, have run every HTPC package you can imagine and XBMC is the most stable IMHO. It also has all the features I need ad more thana many of the commercial packages I have purchased.
Good work!

OH! I am running the latest 9.04 Babylon on an ATV. It is connected to a Windows Vista machine with 3TB of external drives.
hi there.. can I ask, as I can't find it in the forum at all.. how did you get your media centre to acknowledge your second and third drive?
drjasper Wrote:hi there.. can I ask, as I can't find it in the forum at all.. how did you get your media centre to acknowledge your second and third drive?

I am running a PC that is networked to the ATV.
Make sure your drives are shared on the network.
You also have to let XBMC know that the drives are there by adding a 'source'.

I don't really remember how I went about it other than I kept trying until it worked. Sorry I could be of more help.
drjasper Wrote:hi there.. can I ask, as I can't find it in the forum at all.. how did you get your media centre to acknowledge your second and third drive?

http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Types_of_Media_Sources
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Media_Sources
AppleTV 3.0.2, iMac 10.6.2, Launcher 3.2.4, (AppleTV Installed with Launcher), SVN: XBMC 9.11 (R26018).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Library Bug?0