Question about MCE Remote's IR Receiver compatibility
I've bought an MCE Remote from ebay that looks exactly like the Microsoft one.
(http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...0418531503) I'm verry happy with it because it's navigating really smooth and the best thing is XBMC Live has native support for it.
Some days ago I've read that the original Microsoft one has the ability to learn from other remotes. (Limited to three Buttons) That would be awesome because in that way I could use the same remote for turning my TV on and set the volume on my DDTS-100 Decoder and using XBMC. (My girlfriend can't get why she is able to set the volume on some movies and for some not. I gave up telling her about digital and analog sound Big Grin )
The best thing is I could buy pretty cheap a Microsof Remote without the USB IR Receiver. What do you think guys any chance that my MCE Clone's receiver is fully compatible with Microsoft's remote ? I know one thing for shure. It registers any signal from any remotes I've used so far. (Tv, Xbox Classic, DDTS-100 etc) Though nothing happens but the led is blinking one.

Will it work with Microsoft's MCE remote ? Huh
bump Sad
I'm very puzzled about your first post about the MCE remote.

I have 2 of these remotes ( official Microsoft units ) ( the look identical to what you bought )

XBMC does NOT work well with these remotes.

#1 - there is NO direct way to control the volume.

I must do this:

Press the "ok" button
the XBMC menu appears, I then have to press the right arrow button
to navigate to the menu, then press on the volume area, then use the left arrow to drop the volume, and then finally press the "clear" button ( which is the right-mouse button ) to get out of these menus.

i'm talking by the way about using the remotes with XBMC working on the PC.

Very few buttons even work with XBMC, this is why I just don't understand why there isn't a vendor who has come up with a remote specifically made for xbmc for the computer ( pc )
I bought the same remote from the same seller. It works flawlessly under linux ubuntu "jaunty" and latest official xbmc release.
Don't know if Live version has issues... I think a good search around this board will be useful...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about MCE Remote's IR Receiver compatibility1