New multiimage control - custom backdrops made easy
Thumbs Up 
Hi guys,

This is the culmination of a bunch of small stuff. Check out my blog:

http://xbmc.org/jmarshall

for details on how you can use the new stuff to create all the custom backdrops with crossfading etc. with a single multiimage control through creative use of static content.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Is there any sort of tutorial for those of us who aren't so great with the XML yet? I'm having a hard time understanding what the blog post means exactly.
See PM3.HD's homepage as an example.

Previously it used a bunch of buttons, one for each of the home buttons. Then it had an image control for each button for the background image associated with that button, and a custom image associated with that button, with <visible> conditions based on which button was focused.

Now, it instead uses a list container for the buttons. The buttons are then list items, so can have a label, an icon, and a thumb associated with them. We set the icon image to the default backdrop image we want. We set the thumb to the custom backdrop image (or folder of images).

We then have a single multiimage control that uses ListItem.Icon as it's <imagepath>. That does all the backdrop handling for us in one convenient control.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Very cool feature...lots of work gonna be required to utilize it though. I wonder when I'll possibly have the time. Thanks for the addition. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New multiimage control - custom backdrops made easy0