[REQUEST] Grooveshark (grooveshark.com) plugin, script, or native code for XBMC?
dbuvid Wrote:If there is a plan to add Grooveshark as native code to XBMC, we could probably do something similar to what akezeke has done here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67012 with Spotify.

But at this point I think we need to wait for access to the official API before we do anything like that.

Thanks for the link - I'll certainly have a look at it. And I completely agree on waiting for the official API.

dbuvid Wrote:Solver, I'd be interested to see your in-progress code, but if you want to wait that's fine.

It wouldn't exactly be fair if I didn't share my code when you were kind enough to share yours. I'll see if I cant find a place to upload it tomorrow. I had a bug that was quite difficult to track down so I haven't gotten as far as I had hopped. The script is in a working state though; search, login, queue, playlist manipulation etc. However, a lot of error handling is still missing so expect it to crash once or twice. Until tomorrow.
This is the first release of my script for grooveshark. It's in an early state so, as I've mentioned before, expect it to crash once or twice. It might mess up your playlists, kill your cat, etc. Please don't report bugs just yet - I know they are there ;-) When the release becomes more official/mature I'll ask for bug reports. With this in mind, take the script for a spin:

svn checkout http://grooveshark-for-xbmc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
solver Wrote:This is the first release of my script for grooveshark. It's in an early state so, as I've mentioned before, expect it to crash once or twice. It might mess up your playlists, kill your cat, etc. Please don't report bugs just yet - I know they are there ;-) When the release becomes more official/mature I'll ask for bug reports. With this in mind, take the script for a spin:

svn checkout http://grooveshark-for-xbmc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

Awesome work.

Working great so far. Playlists seem to be working too.
Hi, tried to use it on Xbox (T3CH revision 29407), but it freezes when trying to load items. it jas the yellow screen in the background but the message doesnt disappear. if i press "cancel", the yellow bkgd stays but no functionality. I really hope it will be operational for xbox, for all of us box users out there,
gilsil
its a script not a plugin, so install it in your scripts folder

great work
moontan77 Wrote:its a script not a plugin, so install it in your scripts folder

great work

It works great!!!
excellent script!
moontan77 Wrote:its a script not a plugin, so install it in your scripts folder

great work

...and thanks moontan77, running it as a script solved the problem!
Hi Solver,

First of all, thank you for your great work, played around with the script now for a day or two and it looks like a really good start. However, i can not play songs that i have searched for, but if i queue them (add them to current playlist) i can play them (but only if I in the current playlist select "play" twice). Otherwise previous created playlists on my GS accounts works perfect.... Anybody else had this problem?
Hi,
thanks for a great script! plays songs well and also saves new playlists!.

some comments:
I noticed that in the scrript folder there are png files for the play/pause/forward etc, but they do not appear when the script is running, at least not on my Xbox. is it a matter of the resolution? the platform?
also, it doesnt say which song is currently playing. when switching the display to see visualization and the "now playing" icon, it looses the current playlist when going back to the script. it re-logins and the playlist is emptied.

thanks
gilsil
Hi,

Thanks for the kind words. I've made a new release which should address some of the things you've pointed out. Since this release is more official I've started a new thread here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=5...post542102

In the new thread you can find a link to the release. Please report bugs in the new thread instead.

Best regards,
Solver
Is it just me, or is moovida down everywhere?

EDIT: Its back up now

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Grooveshark (grooveshark.com) plugin, script, or native code for XBMC?0