Djh, can you drop us a line?
Djh, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind dropping a quick thread to let people know what you're working on development-wise and how things are progressing (I wouldn't hold you to any dates, but it would be great to know if there is a new release planned soon, next month, next year...). Anyway, thanks for what is already a great skin! I hope I'm not breaking too many rules of decorum here...

Edit: it may go without saying, but I'd understand (and expect) any such thread to be immediately locked so that people do not start the "my 2 cents" responses that dominated these forums last month.
Maybe you should read this sticky: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50143
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tslayer Wrote:Maybe you should read this sticky: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50143

That sticky was posted in response to what had become basically a clusterf---k in this forum of everyone and their mother writing to complain about feature XYZ not being in the skin, about the forum not being organized well enough for newbies to find answers and a host of other gripes, suggestions, requests, etc. I think Djh (rightly) posted that sticky and decided to just focus on development and not listening/responding to the daily suggestion mill. I think my question is different, but djh is of course free to ignore it.
Thanks for posting this -- been on my mind for the past several days. Just a quick update would be more than sufficient -- "Hey, I'm still alive and working on the following coolness; more later..."
To check his progress just look at the GIT log. To save you the hassle: no change on Auriga for almost 2 weeks, no change on the trunk for over a month. I think he's taking a breather :0)
He's probably keeping everything out of GIT until he's happy with it otherwise this place would be full of more the exact threads mentioned.

Sit back and enjoy your media in the mean time.

EDIT: There's also some skin changes that he might be using - Change in icon naming scheme, New multiimage control - custom backdrops made easy
good call Hitcher, was just about to post the same
Hitcher Wrote:Sit back and enjoy your media in the mean time.

I think this is something we all need to think about, myself included. I spend so much time trying to perfect everything with XBMC, Aeon, media scraper programs, etc, I sometimes forget to sit back and watch something!
indy5 Wrote:I think this is something we all need to think about, myself included. I spend so much time trying to perfect everything with XBMC, Aeon, media scraper programs, etc, I sometimes forget to sit back and watch something!

Glad it's not just me. :p
I've been setting and resetting season/show banners for weeks now.
Granted I enjoy doing it but I've probably watched less this month than ever. >.>
hikaricore Wrote:Glad it's not just me. :p
I've been setting and resetting season/show banners for weeks now.
Granted I enjoy doing it but I've probably watched less this month than ever. >.>

IndeedNod
I'm pretty sure this type of thread is exactly the reason djh took a break in the first place.
1) The topic OMG GIVE ME AN UPDATE!!1!1
2) The damn thing is off topic less than one page!
althekiller Wrote:I'm pretty sure this type of thread is exactly the reason djh took a break in the first place.

Althekiller, I must disagree with you (at the risk of going even farther off-topic). Throughout the month of April, these forums were a mess of "my 2 cents" posts, which prompted these words:

djh Wrote:It seems like (and probably is) every day that I have to defend some creative decision I've made or explain why feature A isn't finished, feature B has a glitch, or feature C can't feature every permutation of its given style or function. I appreciate this all boils down to an enthusiasm I can hardly begrudge, and most of it's probably my fault, but unless I tune out all the noise there'll be a problem. My only contribution to these forums from now on will be the regularly posted and documented updates to Github, so you can still follow the progress of Aeon as before.

I am not offering my 2 cents on any features, pointing out glitches or asking for design changes (all of which still goes on in these forums quite a bit without anyone yelling at them Smile ). Just wondering what's new in Aeon-world since we haven't heard anything in a while. To paraphrase another poster, if djh is so inclined, it would just be nice to get a "hey, I'm alive and this is what I've been working on" update, closed for any further commenting. Again, djh is free to ignore this request, but I don't think it is so sinful to ask and I don't think it deserves such a fuss.
djh owes you no such update. In fact he owes you absolutely nothing. Let him be, he'll be back when he wants to be.
althekiller Wrote:djh owes you no such update. In fact he owes you absolutely nothing.

Wow, sorry for asking your boyfriend a question. May the powers please lock/delete this thread.
Gladly Smile

EDIT: Oh wait, you changed your response to some typical homophobic snip. Way to be creative. BTW, I don't even use this skin...I think the nav. is awful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Djh, can you drop us a line?0