creating a randomized play list?
this may be a feature already available im not sure but here is a brief explanation of what i would like to be able to do.
i have all of my music videos in a single folder labeled (artist - song title.mp4/avi or whatever) and i would like to be able to create a randomized play list of all (or a preset number) of my music videos sort of like the shuffle feature in WMP or Itunes.
is that doable currently or should this be a feature request?
and yes i have read my manual ..it aint in there as far as i can tell and reading through the forums netted me no results for similar questions.
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Music_Li...Party_Mode

http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Playlists
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Start playing any movie or song, exit out of full screen, open the context menu, choose "Now Playing..." and turn shuffle on on the left. Shuffle will stay on indefinitely, even if you exit out of XBMC and come back in. I always leave it on. Now you can do all sorts of fun stuff:

1. Push play over the top of your movies folder, and it will instantly create a playlist of all your movies in a random order. You can just keep skipping through them in full screen until you find one you want to watch.

2. Push play over the top of any tv show folder to randomly play an episode from the show.

3. In library mode, push play over the top of a certain genre, like say Comedy. Now only comedies will play in random.

4. Push play over your whole videos folder to randomly play any video you have.

You get the idea. I ALWAYS do this before I go to bed, I just push play over my movies, or Family Guy, or the Office, and just let it randomly play whatever's below that folder. A lot better than trying to pick something in the list.
combine what sho said with http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Set_Contents_(Video_Library)
to get party mode going you need to scan your music videos first.
wildonrio Wrote:Start playing any movie or song, exit out of full screen, open the context menu, choose "Now Playing..." and turn shuffle on on the left. Shuffle will stay on indefinitely, even if you exit out of XBMC and come back in. I always leave it on. Now you can do all sorts of fun stuff:

1. Push play over the top of your movies folder, and it will instantly create a playlist of all your movies in a random order. You can just keep skipping through them in full screen until you find one you want to watch.

2. Push play over the top of any tv show folder to randomly play an episode from the show.

3. In library mode, push play over the top of a certain genre, like say Comedy. Now only comedies will play in random.

4. Push play over your whole videos folder to randomly play any video you have.

You get the idea. I ALWAYS do this before I go to bed, I just push play over my movies, or Family Guy, or the Office, and just let it randomly play whatever's below that folder. A lot better than trying to pick something in the list.

Hello

Using the latest beta build with Confluence, and pretty new still to XBMC. Have tried to find the shuffle setting, but no luck.
Can you explain what you mean by "getting out of full screen mode"?
I start a song playing, then hit back button, then look for any shuffle option in context mode, but nada.
I am trying to set up shuffle for my entire music folder, which I created a master playlist for.

Thanks for any help.
If you're in the visualisation screen, the shuffle option is on the OSD.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
creating a randomized play list?0