Background Not showing (XBOX)
When using component cables and HD settings on XBMC, background images will not show up. However when using the RCA cables they show up fine. Any ideas?
mawkul Wrote:When using component cables and HD settings on XBMC, background images will not show up. However when using the RCA cables they show up fine. Any ideas?

By HD settings are you talking 720 or 1080? (xbox will not run 1080!).

Backgrounds not showing is most likely due to running out of memory.

What version of xbmc are you running?
What resolution are you running at? What version of Aeon/Auriga are you running?
What size/format are your backdrops?

Refer to this thread: xbox aeon : for an xbox optimised version of Aeon. Read the instructions on the first page.

Basically....
Run xbmc resolution at 720, no higher.
Resize all backdrops to 960x540, preferably jpeg.
Turn off all unnecessary options. UPNP, Web Server etc.
Resize all fanart to 960x540.
Make sure you only use textures.xpr in your skin/media/ folder.
Use XBMC 9.04 Babylon

Remember, the xbox is awesome, but it is old. Be nice to it, it works very hard to keep up with the modern age Wink

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Running HD in 1080i and 720p enabled.
XBMC 9.04 Babylon

I have the lite version as well with the lower resolution and the same thing happens. No backgrounds

Have tried both Stark and the most recent Auriga.

When running with the RCA cables everything works fine which is why I dont think its a memory issue. Not only do they background images not show but certain elements of the skin dont show either. For example in the settings menu everything is black except the text. Ive tried to troubleshoot what the problem could be but I have no clue. Again, these problems only happen when running with the HD cables. I'm stumped.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Background Not showing (XBOX)0