Will XBMC run play Blu-ray OK with a AMD 5050e CPU?
Question 
I still haven't decided which CPU and Mobo to build my HTPC on, looking for somebody who has tried or is using a 5050e and Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H mobo. A nice budget combo if it can handle Bluray ok, any thoughts please?
ATI GPU (yuck!)... likely will NOT play all 1080p content.
Thats what I am concerned about, was also thinking Intel dual core 3Gz and Nvidia 9400 chipset. The lower prices of the AMD setup are appealing, but no good if it gives me problems.
You really arnt going to need 3Ghz if you plan to use VDPAU (possible with Nvidia) I have a AMD X2 4850e (2.5ghz 45W, runnin at 1.8Ghz) and it uses about 5%/5% playing 1080p. I have the M3N78-EM (Integrated 8300, but the 8x00 have some issues with VDPAU, so I have a 9400 PCI-e card)

The 9400 has proven to be hassle free with vdpau.
Hi, thanks for the replies Smile Was planning to use Win7 for the initial build, my Linux skills aren't good enough yet for an XBMC install. That's one of the reasons I'm concerned about smooth playback. I read a few posts from people using windoze and pure CPU grunt power seems to be needed.
Well, you could use XBMC Live (Based on Ubuntu, the forum your posting in) which should work out of the box. Otherwise you'd be better off posting in the Windows thread if thats what your looking for advice on.
Nattal Wrote:Was planning to use Win7 for the initial build, my Linux skills aren't good enough yet for an XBMC install.

So you want this moved to the windows forum then? This is the "Support for XBMCLive" not "Live Support for XBMC" forum. Common misconception for some reason...
Oops, yes please, sorry for the confusion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will XBMC run play Blu-ray OK with a AMD 5050e CPU?0