new install autorun
I added XBMC repositories and through package manager i installed just about everything, including xbmc live except web interface skins. at the end of install it asked for username and password. entered my own. restarted system and loaded straight to xbmc. when i exit xbmc it goes back to the loading screen stuck where it says checking battery, its a desktop. i can reboot to recovery with commend line but i havent been using linux that long so im stuck there. I dont want xbmc to autorun. i want it to be an app like boxee or mplayer or whaf not. any more info needed let me know. thanks in advance.
I have a thread i had started but had response and not sure why. reguardless i just want xbmc off my comp as of right now. i input sudo apt-get remove xbmc and it still autoruns when i boot up. am i missong something? i am fairly new to linux. any help so i dont have to do a fresh install of ubuntu would be great
Without you telling us how you installed in the first place and what you did to get it to autorun, we can't offer any real assistance.
It was in my previous thread but i will restate. i added xbmc repo from launchpad. installed everything but web interface skin, including live which i think is the problem. towards the end of the install via package manager it asked for a username and password. used my own and now e everytime i start my comp it just runs xbmc. it still runs all startup apps for ubuntu 9.04. i exit xbmc and it just stays on the boot. screen stck on checking battery. any other info needed let me know. thanks in advance
WOW, you shouldn't have installed the live package. that's indeed what broke your system. It removed GDM and KDM and it launches xbmc at startup. What you should do is :
* Uninstall xbmc-live
* install gdm (or kdm) . if you don't know which one it is that you had previously: it's gdm for Ubuntu and kdm for Kubuntu.

If you really want to uninstall xbmc, remove "xbmc-common" package.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Want a clean no-ads paste bin? http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/
I thought i was downloading the iso for xbmc live from the repo. well i learned something from this and thats all i can ask. thank you again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new install autorun0