• 5(current)
MiniMeedia Release - v0.75 (18/05/2009)
There is a box that shows in which catogory you are (bleu text).
I do miss in some catogories - views the text.
Programs
Music
Pictures
Scripts (also have no background in scipts)
videos (not missing but can't read it)
PC r20365

No, the first is from the pc and the second from the xbox
The xbox r20395

Its the file path size.
I just moved blade runner from its folder and now file path works.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Turned "Show Weather on Home" but nothing happens.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Great job - it looks even better running than I thought it would.

It looks awesome, runs smooth and requires no nfo programs to play nice. Top work.

One bug/issue - In showcase view (on a 1080p PC version) I notice the thumbs look a little "fat". They all seem to be stretched horizontally - only slightly. All other views are perfect.
Little question..
if i disable the fanart in movies window and seems to disable it for the tvshows as well.
any way to change that behavior?

thank you
xbs08 Wrote:PC r20365

No, the first is from the pc and the second from the xbox
The xbox r20395

Its the file path size.

I believe that issue is caused by the fact that there were no characters that would allow a break in the file name. If you used spaces in files names it would probably solve that issue.

BTW Skunkm0nkee, this is one of the nicest skins I've seen in a while that doesn't cause my Xbox to lag incredibly. Kudos to you.
I like this a lot. A nice alternative for my Xbox, since it's easier than dealing with Lite mods. Smile

I think you could still clean up a few areas, in particular where there are weird bump-outs for bits of information that could easily be moved. Examples are the temperature on the homepage (make the entire top bar ~ 30% larger and make it a single line, reducing the weather image size a tad.

Same goes for the tv show and movie counts on those screens. I'd rather see the list size reduced by 1 so you could fit "5/66" (or whatever) at the bottom. Better yet, the banner could be moved up to match the top of the list which would give you room below the banner for the show count. The movie count could be moved to the top or bottom of the list itself to eliminate the need for the bump-out there.

Finally, I'd recommend having things line up whenever possible. For example, you could reduce the height of the movie list by ~30% and increase the size of the info panel to match that height. Overall you'd be using less real-estate but you could fit the movie poster into the info box if desired. I think overall it'd give it a cleaner and more consistent look.

Just my $0.02 though. Wink
xbs08 Wrote:Its the file path size.

Ok, so it works in some cases and not others. I guess it could be the textbox control then? I'm just displaying the path in the textbox and aligning it right so not doing anything depending on howbig the path is, that's all down to the control. Mind you I've never had seen any issues with it but that might just be cos my paths are all very similar.

xbs08 Wrote:Turned "Show Weather on Home" but nothing happens.

Doh! Label was wrong, it should have been 'Hide Weather on Home'!

If you enable Show Weather on Home then the weather will disappear from the top right!

Fixed for next release.

K-FleX Wrote:One bug/issue - In showcase view (on a 1080p PC version) I notice the thumbs look a little "fat". They all seem to be stretched horizontally - only slightly. All other views are perfect.
Yep, Showcase view is one I'll be looking at in the next week or so as there's definitely room for improvement.

szsori Wrote:I think you could still clean up a few areas, in particular where there are weird bump-outs for bits of information that could easily be moved. Examples are the temperature on the homepage (make the entire top bar ~ 30% larger and make it a single line, reducing the weather image size a tad.
It used be like that when I first started the skin but I decided that the shaped area worked better. (Check the first post in the New Skin thread)

szsori Wrote:Same goes for the tv show and movie counts on those screens. I'd rather see the list size reduced by 1 so you could fit "5/66" (or whatever) at the bottom. Better yet, the banner could be moved up to match the top of the list which would give you room below the banner for the show count. The movie count could be moved to the top or bottom of the list itself to eliminate the need for the bump-out there.
I personally like the bump-outs as you call them. They are optional after all so it makes sense not to have areas pre-defined for them. Doing them like this also makes them more adaptable for different views and consistent throughout the skin. (Plus I like the way they animate in and out)

szsori Wrote:Finally, I'd recommend having things line up whenever possible. For example, you could reduce the height of the movie list by ~30% and increase the size of the info panel to match that height. Overall you'd be using less real-estate but you could fit the movie poster into the info box if desired. I think overall it'd give it a cleaner and more consistent look.
Hehe, every point you've made actually refers to how things used to work before I changed them. Sounds like you would have liked an earlier version of the skin Big Grin

If you're using the list view then open the options menu (push right twice) and enable Show Plot option (or see this screenshot). You'll see everything lines up as you describe. Problem is I like the plot hidden by default and don't want to just fill that area (especially as the skin is supposed to be minimal) so I reduced the area on the right.

It's all a matter of opinion really but I like the skin better now than I did when it was more like how you are proposing. Sorry Confused
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Doh! Label was wrong, it should have been 'Hide Weather on Home'!

If you enable Show Weather on Home then the weather will disappear from the top right!

Fixed for next release.

I'm not getting anything even w/ Show Weather on Home unmarked.

xbs08 Wrote:I'm not getting anything even w/ Show Weather on Home unmarked.

What happens if you go to the Weather screen itself, do you get anything displayed there? My guess is that you're not connecting to the site to get the weather info so there's nothing to display. (It won't show the area unless it has weather info to display)
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Any plans for hosting a svn repository for those who compile their own builds? Smile
eriksmith200 Wrote:Any plans for hosting a svn repository for those who compile their own builds? Smile

Yep, this is what I said above:

skunkm0nkee Wrote:It will be added to the XBMC Skinning Project SVN once it's been tested a bit more and any missing features are added.

It's only beta at the moment (hence the 0.75 version number) but once it gets to v1.00 it'll hit the SVN (in the same way that MediaStream did)

Between now and then I hope to do fairly regular updates and make these available for download as and when they're ready. I want the development of the skin to build for the next few weeks (mostly based on user feedback) so that the v1.00 release of the skin is very stable, usable and (hopefully) feature complete.
Hey skunk...I've got another feature suggestion for your list. I think it would look awesome & improve usability if "Play from start/Play from time" appeared just above the thumb instead of in the top left corner - the dialog when starting a movie you were half way through.
K-FleX Wrote:Hey skunk...I've got another feature suggestion for your list. I think it would look awesome & improve usability if "Play from start/Play from time" appeared just above the thumb instead of in the top left corner - the dialog when starting a movie you were half way through.

It's the context menu that is used to display those options and unfortunately I don't think there's anyway for the skin to position it based on what options it is showing.

The context menu just gets styled by the skin, what actually appears in it is down to XBMC itself. I can position it but I can't position it based on what's in it since the skin doesn't know what the context menu is being used for. (There may be some clever way of working it out but I can't think of one)
I suggest that Player.FinishTime is added to the VideoFullScreen.

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MiniMeedia Release - v0.75 (18/05/2009)3